Remote Start/Alarm replacement for RS3000?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HDJdreams

SILVER Star
Threads
The factory RS3000 alarm is dead in both my 96 and 97 FZJ80s. Any recommendations for a replacement that has remote start capability?

The ideal candidate would integrate cleanly with existing RS3000 wiring, retain the auto light shutoff functionality, use the horn instead of a separate siren, and have an OEM quality key fob.

I had a vehicle with a Viper alarm, the key fob was clunky and it had a siren. Can’t speak to wiring, it was already installed.

I just installed a Python 5105P ($99 on Amazon). Python, Viper, and DEI are all the same, they just use different remotes.

The last time I installed an alarm and starter was around 2001. I'm extremely impressed with all the features on this Python.

No, but I can tell you how it looks after I ripped mine out by the roots:

DS floor, without alarm wiring.jpg

Looks (and makes me feel) much better!

DS floor, alarm wiring.jpg

Recently had a Viper 5806v security system with remote start installed. Remotes seem OEM in quality and I love the features. Would definitely recommend.

Food for thought:
The wires to the horns can be cut straight thru the grill.

More food:
You can break a window with a hammer, unlock the door, release the hood latch, disable the alarm, screw a slide hammer into the ignition, and drive away.

The whole time, cussing and swearing like you own the truck and no one will look twice at you because EVERYONE's car alarm goes off and EVERYONE ignores them.

^^^ Or you can buy a 2-way paging alarm.

Very common in the DEI lineup since ~2006.

Mine sends a signal to the alarm remote within a 2 mile range, so I can go get shot at by the guy screwing with my 80.

Yeah, what LINUS said...

My Viper 5806v system has a 2 way remote. It starts playing an 8 bit Nintendo jingle if the alarm goes off and you're within range (1 mile).

so I can go get shot at by the guy screwing with my 80.
Y'all do it backwards up there. YOU are supposed to shoot at the thief!

Ha! Totally read that wrong. Thought it said "go shout" at the guy... Yeah, nobody getting shot here.

Oh, preaching to the choir.

Despite generally carrying, here in WA it's a whole other set of rules than TX for when you can discharge. You have 'stand your ground' - we don't.

You have to fear for your life, not running out to your property & escalating a situation.

So really a 2 way pager alarm in WA is just a way to get shot on top of having a front row seat to your 80 getting screwed with. :mad::confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom