Remote lock key fob replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a way to get a key fob to lock and unlock my 95 80. The cruiser only came with one single key and no fob-remote key. Anyone know if this is possible to find or can I just source a replacement box that is under the front seat with a matching key fob?

Thanks for any advice.

Goebs

A dealer will for a hefty price.... you can also get a TechStream cable for Toyota from Amazon or EBay, install a broken version of TechStream on a window a box you have and then do it yourself.... if you’re tech savvy the latter will cost you about 26$ for the cable and then a bunch of time getting the software and a key. Then some time and headache coding the key...

Would it be easier to replace the box under the seat with matching key fob if i can find one from a parts rig?

Would it be easier to replace the box under the seat with matching key fob if i can find one from a parts rig?

Not sure.... to be honest. I have to imagine that removing and wiring a new security module and having the ECU speak to it may be more difficult.... but that’s just conjecture.

I will take. Look at the box to see if there are any numbers on it. Thank you for that advice.

Looking for a way to get a key fob to lock and unlock my 95 80. The cruiser only came with one single key and no fob-remote key. Anyone know if this is possible to find or can I just source a replacement box that is under the front seat with a matching key fob?
You first need to determine what system the truck has. If it's the RS3000 unit then you can get a remote online by matching up the FCC ID.
No dealer needed for this. Programming instructions are available on the internets and are simple.

I checked under the seat and the little box says Fujitsu ten limited, has an FCC ID , then says Canada and a long number, then has a product number.

Says Toyota security system electronic control unit.

Sound like the system you may be referring to?

I checked under the seat and the little box says Fujitsu ten limited, has an FCC ID , then says Canada and a long number, then has a product number.

Says Toyota security system electronic control unit.

Sound like the system you may be referring to?
Likely. Fujitsu made the RS3000.
Another thing to consider, this unit is now 25 years old and way past its service life.
You might want to think about removing that system and installing something from this century before spending money on it.
There are many threads on this forum regarding alarm system removal and it is not difficult.

x2. IMHO, the RS3000 isn't worth having, just to provide a remote lock/unlock. I've pulled them out by the roots everytime I've bought an 80.

Likely. Fujitsu made the RS3000.
Another thing to consider, this unit is now 25 years old and way past its service life.
You might want to think about removing that system and installing something from this century before spending money on it.
There are many threads on this forum regarding alarm system removal and it is not difficult.
100% Good Advice.
I went Viper and you can get the added Remote Start for about $200.

Great advice guys. I will try and find a local shop that can do a Viper system. Love the remote start option but wonder if they will panic when they see that it is not the original engine, and a nice Chevy hiddenin there. Maybe they wont even look...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom