remote filter kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why do want to do this? I've done it on another vehicle & have had some problems (mostly relating to how one of my motorhead ex-employees installed it).

Jeg's has kits - I think I got mine for a 460 from Speedway Motors.

any motor that takes a ph8A filter (chevy 350) will be perfect.

I have one on my 40. Works great.

Tehy are onyl cool if you hate dumping a quart of oil on the ground every time you want to change your oil..

If you have an F engine - the oil filter spins on from the top down. Sooo when you remove to change the oil, no matter how careful you are, you're going to be dumping old oil on the lower engine and ground. A remote mounted so that the filter spins upward on install will eliminate this problem.

M

When I drain my oil, I open the plug and let it sit for an hour before I take the filter off. Doing this lets all the oil drain out and therefore there is no oil in the filter to spill. Just thought that I'd add that...

Ya the leaky oil always irritated me. I know oil capacity isnt an issue, (2 gal.), but i figure it cant hurt, plus makes for a much easier oil changes. One question came to me was, do i need to put some sort of check vavle in so i dont have to much oil in the pan when is shut off? It seems to me by adding the capacity that when shut off it would fill the pan to high. Thanks_Dylan

Too much oil in the pan while it is not running is a non issue...

CaliCruiser said:
Mace, you are a fountain of knowledge, thank you._Dylan
Yep, everything I know goes squirting all over the place...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom