Wanted Reminder for those looking - Free Access to National Database for Services Performed by Toyota/Lexus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I stumbled upon this while reading various threads on here while hunting, and it was by far the best tool i have had at my disposal for screening vehicles. Thank you to those who lead me to this amazing tool.

Toyota and Lexus keeps an online database of all services they perform, and this is more detailed than any carfax or autocheck report that i have seen. This was designed for current owners to access their service records through the dealerships, but it also works for prospective buyers who are screening a Toyota/Lexus. The best part is it is a free tool.

To access it you can either visit Toyota.com or Lexus.com and make an account. You only need to make one account, then you can use the same login for both sites. After creating an account you will be able to "Add a VIN/Add a Vehicle" to your account, and after that you can access the service histories for those Vehicles.

You can see dealer notes, sometimes tech notes and sometimes even the name of the service adviser/technician who performed the work. I looked at a few with the contact information of the previous owner as well.

I also use vehiclehistory.com, which is another free tool that can sometimes show you the sales history of the vehicle. I use this to see what the vehicle has sold for in the past, or what it has been listed for and by whom (if it didn't sell). Sometimes it can pick up auction records. I use this to help me determine the value of the vehicle before i make an offer.

After i go through my free tools and things check out, then i'll consider asking for a carfax/buying one myself.

I hope this helps someone else out as much as it has helped me.

Also, since this is a wanted thread, my co-worker(s) and uncle want one now that they have seen me with one XD. I guess talking about it for months wasn't enough to make them a believer, but now that i have one to show them in person... well they are hella jealous lol. I paid 18k for mine and one offered 25k but i turned it down; i don't want to sell mine and if i did i would not mark it up. I just want to help a few family/friends get themselves a car that makes them as happy as i am with mine.

With that said, if you have a 200 series LX you want to sell ($25k or below), then please let me know! I have enough people wanting one to buy like 5 of them, but i am very patient and will only hold out for the best deals. I will also be checking out the ones local to me, and i will post videos/photos/info of them on here for anyone considering one from my area. I figured i have enough people who want one that i may as well check out all of the ones in my area, just in case there is one in there that fits the bill.

Good info.

For easy mobile access, one can also download the Toyota Owners mobile app and do the same VIN checks which show service history conducted at Toyota service depts.

Not sure mr T intended it to be a research tool for prospective buyers. Please be discreet and be sure to Delete the vehicle from your owners profile after you've looked up the history ( unless you purchased it).

Not sure mr T intended it to be a research tool for prospective buyers. Please be discreet and be sure to Delete the vehicle from your owners profile after you've looked up the history ( unless you purchased it).

Yep, most likely intended for current owners.

I thought about this too, then I considered that anyone who is interested in selling the vehicle should be happy with people looking up the history, unless they want to hide something or unless their personal details are on there.

Definitely be discreet just in case, and try to do it once per vehicle and screenshot/download the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom