Remflex Exhaust Gaskets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iron_giant

SILVER Star
Threads
fundaMETALism

Please visit my website for the latest products and availability.

F/2F Manifold Gasket: $39.99
2F Complete Combo: (manifold, EGR, AND (2) Heat riser) $49.99
EGR Flange gasket: $7.99
Heat Riser Gasket: $7.99
Toyota 22R, RE, REC 2.4L gasket kit for headers.
This set will fit all 22R headers from 89-95. $23.99

2H
Manifold Gasket:(6 required) $5.99

3B
Manifold Gasket: $34.00

Other Gaskets
Collector Gaskets (2.5", 3" 2 Gaskets per set $14.99
CT26 Turbo Gasket $18.99

I have been working with Remflex to develop a number of new gaskets to add to their line of Land Cruiser products. We have come up with a great new EGR flange gasket for the 2F engine that will help greatly in sealing this troublesome spot. We are also making some 2H and 3B exhaust gaskets that will work very well in naturally aspirated and turbo applications.

For those that don't know much about Remflex, they have been around for 30 years making exhaust gaskets from their patented graphite material for a variety of applications. I believe their material is particularly well suited to an application like our Land Cruisers. The gasket material is over an 1/8" thick and "crushes" about 50% when torqued properly thereby sealing flange irregularities up to 1/16". They are also designed to withstand temperatures up to 3000 degrees so even constantly high egt's under the heaviest of loads are not a problem.

As I write this there are several ongoing threads in the 40 series and 60 series sections addressing the best way to seal the manifolds to the head. This highlights an ongoing problem which can be addresed directly using these gaskets.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and please browse my website. I have all of our available gaskets listed on the site ready to be purchased. I am not affiliated with Remflex in any way. I am just a cruiserhead who stumbled upon a great product and saw an opportunity to develop some more to fit our needs.

Thank you for looking,

David

Last edited:
If a fellow MUDDER is going to be changing their EGR flange gasket, send me a PM and I will donate one of my gaskets in exchange for some feedback. Thank you.

Here is a comparison photo of the OEM EGR gasket compared to our New Remflex gasket.
egrcomp.jpg

This came in the kit I JUST got last week. :cheers:

Haven't had a chance to install it yet but looking forward to it.

Do they/you stock SBC conversion gaskets?
Looking for hugger header gaskets (96 LT-1). Both the to the block and for the collector flanges (3 bolt, 2-1/2")

This came in the kit I JUST got last week. :cheers:

Haven't had a chance to install it yet but looking forward to it.

Please let us know how you like the gaskets!

Do they/you stock SBC conversion gaskets?
Looking for hugger header gaskets (96 LT-1). Both the to the block and for the collector flanges (3 bolt, 2-1/2")

I think they stock some on their website. If we think there is a decent market for the hugger header gaskets or any others let me know as I can probably bring the price down a bit. Also, if we come up with any other custom gasket ideas I can have those cut for a reasonable price as well.

David

Well I can tell you right now that the gasket is THICK!

The manifold gasket also came with the riser plate and egr gasket which I was NOT expecting. They also included a small round disc that you can pinch with pliers to see how much it can compress. Personally I think if you have a warped manifold, THIS would remedy that situation.Waiting for a few consecutive dry days to do it up.

I've got an 84 FJ60 with what I highly suspect is a manifold leak. More than willing to give the EGR a field test, was planning on replacing here in the next couple of weeks - getting tired of leaving the windows open in all weather. Hopefully its just the EGR, and I won't have to replace the manifold gasket as well, but it will be a pretty good field test in regarding the infamous 2F ticking noise.

Glenn in Tucson

Last edited:

The manifold gasket also came with the riser plate and egr gasket which I was NOT expecting. They also included a small round disc that you can pinch with pliers to see how much it can compress. Personally I think if you have a warped manifold, THIS would remedy that situation.Waiting for a few consecutive dry days to do it up.

I think what I will do is offer the "kits" like the one you got, and also offer each gasket separately for those running headers, a new OEM manifold combo, or just doing the EGR gasket. That way I think I can bring the price down as well so I can sell them a bit cheaper than you can get them from Remflex directly. I think it's a win win.

I've got an 84 FJ60 with what I highly suspect is a manifold leak. More than willing to give the EGR a field test, was planning on replacing here in the next couple of weeks - getting tired of leaving the windows open in all weather. Hopefully its just the EGR, and I won't have to replace the manifold gasket as well, but it will be a pretty good field test in regarding the infamous 2F ticking noise.

Glenn in Tucson

PM me your address and I'll send an EGR gasket out to you. The only condition is that you report your findings ;).

I was able to adjust my prices quite a bit. Here are the updated prices:

F/2F Manifold Gasket: $39.99

*This is just the manifold to head gasket. This is all that is needed for someone running a header or desmogged engine.

Basic Kit: Includes Manifold and Heat Riser gaskets OR Manifold and EGR gaskets: $45.99

*this kit is for someone who is refurbishing an old manifold and doesn't need the EGR gasket or has purchased a new OEM Manifold combo and doesn't need the Heat Riser Gasket. Please specify which gasket you would like when ordering.

Complete Kit: Includes Manifold, Heat Riser, and EGR flange gaskets: $49.99

Individual EGR Flange Gasket: $7.99

Individual Heat Riser Gasket: $7.99

Please order at my website. fundaMETALism I accept Credit Cards and Paypal

Thank you very much,
David

Last edited:
Our Toyota 2H manifold gaskets are done and in stock. If you are thinking about adding a turbo, these gaskets will help ensure a clean, leak free boost environment. Even a small leak can keep your turbo from spooling properly. These gaskets are especially useful if you are adding a turbo to a used engine as discrepancies in manifold to head flatness are very likely.

Gaskets are $5.99 each (6 required) and can be ordered here:

2H Gaskets

So the thread just ended without any conclusions.

Conclusions?????

So the thread just ended without any conclusions.

Conclusions?????

Which thread? This one?

Here is the short story:
Took of the manifold and found an inch long hairline crack in the intake manifold. Bought a new manifold from Mark's Off Road. Also got studs to replace the original bolts. Also from Mark. After struggling with it for about 2 hours got everything in. Used anti-sieze on the studs so we went with the low end of the RECOMMENDED torque specs which is 14-18 ft lbs. So mine were torqued to 14# and I gotta say, all of my exhaust leaks are gone. All of my intake leaks are also gone once I replaced a few hoses as well. I am stoked and totally happy with these gaskets. Hopefully I will still feel the same way a year from now :cheers:

By then I may only need to retorque. :D

3B gaskets are ready to go and in stock! Please don't forget that all of our gaskets are backed for 6 months, if you have any issues at all don't hesitate to contact me.

It's turbo time!

Any thoughts on making a manifold gasket for the 3FE? Not sure if there would be as much interest... but if material can be trimmed to open up around the ports a bit, I'd be interested.

Or, is the material available as a blank and workable with simple tools (like a razor knife)?

:cheers:
Curtis

Last edited:
I got mine before i realize Iron_Giant had them... Sorry - i'd have preferred to support a mud member.

Anyway - HIGHLY recommend the remflex gaskets - awesome!! I've been through 2-3 OEM's and this remflex is kicking butt over them!

rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom