1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember when the news was fun?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by re_guderian, Aug 19, 2006.

1. re_guderian

re_guderian SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Sometimes I miss this guy...

Nowdays, I can't read anything without being skeptical of it's truthfullness... oh wait...:doh:

2. Jan-78FJ40

Jan-78FJ40

not much has changed, except that it is this guy now that is telling the 'truth'.

3. Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster

What? You mean the media has an agenda and that they aren't interested in viewing both sides and making educated arguments.

4. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

My media complaint of the day.....

A local baseball standout was killed yesterday morning while riding with a friend and friend's mom to school....

She came up on stopped traffic, yanked the wheel, went off the road, and slammed the PS of her Tahoe into a tree and killed the kid.

There is ONLY two ways that could have happened...either she was driving too fast, or wasn't paying attention....help to see another way....

I don't want to berate her, she F'd up and will pay dearly for the rest of her life.

But our local paper, who reported the facts in the text, ran a headline "Teen killed when car drifts from roadway"

Am I being too literal? You can drift off to sleep. A canoe can drift out into a lake... A 6000 LB SUV hurtling down a highway and then gets the wheel cranked hard right....is the a f'in drift?

We have an ultra liberal rag.....just hate their spin. That is all.

5. DSRTRDR

DSRTRDR I can mangle anything ... SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    This has nothing to do with political orientation at all !

Ever since coming to the US, I have been amazed how almost nobody is ever responsible:

"mistakes were made"

"unfortunate clerical error"

"single car accident"

even when closing on a loan, you are signing an extra document giving authority to change the numbers just in case someone made an error :rolleyes: why can't they get it right in the first place?

people in this country simply don't make mistakes, I guess :flipoff2:

6. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

You are right, Claudia....

My over-critical gut response every time I pick up that rag has clouded my vision to the point I see everything they do in the same light...

When all it really is, even when they do get political......all it is is just bad reporting.

7. re_guderian

re_guderian SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Yep, they won't ask the relevant questions, it seems to be a "copy-and-paste" mentality...

8. Spook50

Spook50 Get ready

Sounds like anybody we all know?

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">