Remember the Magdalena B-17 Run? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that's pretty cool. we were just talking about that run tonight at the meeting.

Excellent timing as I was wondering about the B-17 site after the meeting last night!

Thanks dude!

B-17 crash site

I just did a virtual fly over with the google earth web stuff. Way cool after reading the article. How about a trip to go visit the site.
I've done a bit of research on the B-17's and would like to go up
there.
At the meeting it was mentioned that one approach was closed, the other "dark canyon" was still open? A weekend trip prehaps?

Thanks Juane for the article!:cheers:

James

Hey James,
Small world stuff: One of our neighbors, whom we hang out with (took us to the Great Sand Dunes right after we moved) has known Steve and Suzie since he was a little kid!

By the way, we drove over Medino again after the Dunes trip.

juane

At the meeting it was mentioned that one approach was closed, the other "dark canyon" was still open? A weekend trip prehaps?

There could have been some confusion or maybe I misspoke at the meeting but the "open" route is through Jordan Canyon (although the gate was closed last March the last time I was there). Another route through Kelly exists also.

A weekend trip prehaps?

James,
The trip to the B-17 crash site is easily done in a day trip. If we do an over night then a side trip to the Langmuir Laboratory lightning research facility run by NM Tech might be interesting to some. It is only open to visitors between about June 20 and August 20 each year. A trip out to the VLA is also an interesting side trip.

-Mike-

At the meeting it was mentioned that one approach was closed, the other "dark canyon" was still open?
James

What Greg said. Dark Canyon has been gated since at least early last summer. Jordan Canyon is the way in. Sucks since the cabin in Dark Canyon is cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom