For Sale Remember the 75 Joeri had a while back? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's still listed for sale. Could be yours! If you wanted to import it yourself, I could talk you through it--I just finished doing a couple Troopies for myself. Lots of paperwork and sending money all over the globe, but not too difficult, really.

Before you turn it into a roach coach bolt some seats in the back before it goes on the ship and save yourself the bs 25% duty.
Whats behind the doors? Any idea who built the back part of the truck. I have a mercedes firetruck the looks very similar in the back. Was built by Metz. Very well built.

Looks like the back part of the truck was built for Falck by H. F. Nielsen's Maskinfabrik, who built many (if not all) of the Falck branded fire, rescue, and commercial trucks for a while. The doors on the side open to full height compartments maybe 15-16 inches (38-40cm) deep, and the rear door opens to a full-height compartment that goes essentially wheel well to wheel well, from the cab to the tailgate. Spare tire is mounted in the rear of the left side rear compartment. BTW, there's a cool gooseneck reading light in the cab, mounted so it can shine over driver or passenger's shoulder, presumably for map reading at night. If no one mentioned it, the truck has front and rear electronic differential locks, too. It's a nice rig, I just wish it wasn't so spendy.

I still say paint this desert-tan and head to any cruiser or jeep event with your tactical colored camo-donuts and coffee and between diesel mpg savings and 100% camo-donut profit margins and this rig will pay for itself in less than a few years!
423D50E2-5CBF-4F54-9A4A-F03640259CBD.jpeg

Re: SUV's, I know it applies to 2-door SUV's with folding rear seats (or no rear seats at all). The argument being since there's no access doors for rear passengers, and the folding seats make for a large cargo area, the vehicle is primarily designed to carry goods, not people. I.e. people carrying is a secondary design consideration. Early 2-door 4Runners, for instance, are technically classified as being for the transport of goods, even though they seat 4 (or 5?), seatbelts and all. At the very least, it would be reasonable to make the argument that a 4-door SUV, with rear seats that don't fold down and little cargo area in the back, is primarily designed to carry people. Whether Customs would agree with that, I couldn't say. Their word is Gospel on this stuff, and it would likely be a waste of time arguing with them. Just pay the man and move on.

Correctly identifying your product’s HTS Code on your own can be tricky, but a customs broker may help correctly classify the product. U.S. Customs and Border Protection will make the final determination of what the correct rate of duty is, but as the importer you are ultimately responsible for ensuring that your products are correctly classified.

I know that many imported trucks and SUV's come in under the 2.5% tax, even though they technically shouldn't. I've never heard of anyone getting busted for it, though of course, they could. In most cases I'm familiar with, the shipping line or the Customs Broker will make the determination of the Harmonized Tariff Code (HTS), not the citizen importer who's only doing one or two vehicles. If the shipper or broker get it wrong and the importer needs to pay more, I say play dumb, pay it, and hope for better next time. Never tried it myself, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom