1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remember Beruit?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by LukeO, Aug 16, 2005.

1. LukeO

LukeO

After reading a few posts from other threads accusing slick Willy Clinton of running out of Somalia. What about this.

I seem to recall the late great Ronald Reagan cutting and running in Beruit after a few hundred Marines were blown to pieces while they slept in their racks. Where was the good old conservative, neocon, christian, republican, kill them all, chicken hawk agenda after that? Why wait until after 911 to take the war to the terrorists publicly?

I also seem to recall part of Reagan's foreign policy in Beruit not allowing the Marines on guard at the front gates to be "locked and loaded". Marines can't stop speeding suicide truck bombers with empty weapons now can they? Who's political genius was behind that decision?

Then there was Reagan and Bush Senior placing all of the blame on Oliver North for the Iran/Contra scandal. This probably had something to do with the WMD's Saddam was supposed to have this time that we provided to certain groups back then to keep Iran and Syria in line. North if anything was following orders as Marines do, especially Marines who had spotless records previously.

It seems as though in fact Slick Willy deployed more troops more often than any other president, despite these deployments being smaller affairs than todays. Of course these deployments had little to do with oil.

Clinton also had planes in the air headed straight to North Korea to bomb the s*** out of them until last minute negotiations delayed WWIII.

Bush won't touch North Korea for fear of pissing China off again. China is probably going to reaquire Taiwan again too and there's little other than a few battle ships and more arms sales going on to prevent it.

But then consider this. If the US gains control of the energy resources in the Middle East and creates a stable puppet government. Think of the riches to be made slling these energy resources to China who will by far surpass our energy consumption in the next 20 years. Consider India's future demand too.

China and India seem to be next in line to achieve non third world status. That's where all of the jobs are going to aid in developing their countries and create more demand for resources.

So, who's going to try the hardest to capitalize on the global energy market?

There's good reason why Haliburton is the number 1 contractor in Iraq.

2. wob

wob

:black helicopters:

3. Jman

Jman

4. gorister

gorister

Luke: Are you being serious?

5. PHBeerman

PHBeerman

Yeah that is what China wants. They want to alienate their consumers. :rolleyes:

6. LongIsland60

LongIsland60

Oh, right. I forgot about the vast right wing conspiracy. Beerman, you're a righty, how much are you making on this deal?

7. PHBeerman

PHBeerman

Millions. Between that and my personal tax cut, I am really cashing in.

8. minge

minge Guest

"Clinton also had planes in the air headed straight to North Korea to bomb the s*** out of them until last minute negotiations delayed WWIII."
    -
    Really now? Cessnas or Beechcrafts...

9. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

They want us to be their customers. And they'll *tolerate* us as their customers as long as they have to till their internal economic infrastructure is sufficient to replace us as their customers, with their 1.1 billion homegrown ones.

They're keeping the yuan artificially low by keeping the dollar artificially high. (By being the largest buyer of T-Bills, thus financing our deficit for us) These aren't people we want to be pissing off, till we find out how to get in a position with them that does not resemble us bent over grabbing at our ankles....

You can do your part by going out of your way to buy nothing from them. I don't. We try to make everything we purchase in our house made in the USA. If we can't get it from here, we get it from Japan or Europe. Of course you can't avoid buying some Chinese goods, but you can do your best to try. And you not only have the pride of buying local, but you have the pride that comes with buying things made by people who earn a living wage and have a standard of living that more closely resembles your own.

Steve

10. swank60

swank60

It's almost unavoidable to do business with China as a consumer. If you buy something that's Made in the USA, there's a good chance that components that lead up to the final product are made there, then assembled stateside.

11. swank60

swank60

And is it just me, or is the Land Cruiser now taking the place of a VW van as the Hippy mode of tansport?

Uh oh. :eek:

12. PHBeerman

PHBeerman

I make every attempt to not buy from Canada, Europe, or China. Japan, Austrailia, and South or Central America are ok. When I have a choice, I read the label.

13. PHBeerman

PHBeerman

Why do you think I am selling? The 60 is becoming a hippie mobile. (Case in point YOU)

I will sell and buy a vehicle few hippies can afford.

14. swank60

swank60

I think a G500 will be a perfect fit for you... :D :flipoff2: :D

15. PHBeerman

PHBeerman

Nah. Beno is the only Hippie I have seen in an 80 that is not a rust bucket.

I will drive an 80 with pride.

16. swank60

swank60

That's it, I'm going to go ahead and buy a :princess: 80 too. :flipoff2: It'll look awesome in lime green and a big-assed peace symbol painted on the sides.

17. PHBeerman

PHBeerman

Nah you won't do it. The hacky sack capacity is lower. And I hear that they are not allowed on frisbee golf courses.

18. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

Very true. But an American worker (or an illegal mexican one at least :grinpimp: ) got a paycheck for assembling those chinese components, and that's what I care about.

Steve

19. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

That was funny....

20. Rugster

Rugster