Remanufactured Toyota alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
That's what my FJ62 has, and I'm wondering if this could possibly be the original alternator? I'm in the process of replacing water pump, belts, etc. and am thinking it would be a a lot easier replacing the alternator now, rather than later. Thanks for any input.

89;

I just talked with my parts girl and see assured me that the reman alternator is a real toy alternator with all new parts. Price was at least $100 cheaper. I probably will go that route, but I'm going to check with Cdan before I buy one.

I'd assume that a Landcruiser would not come from the factory with a remanufactured alternator. So, at this point I'm leaning toward leaving it alone for the time being.

89GASHOG said:
I'd assume that a Landcruiser would not come from the factory with a remanufactured alternator. So, at this point I'm leaning toward leaving it alone for the time being.

If it works - why replace it? Would recommend though that you go to a parts store and have them do a battery/charging system check. It's free. If they say it's up to spec, then you've saved some cash, and still have peace of mind.

89GASHOG said:
That's what my FJ62 has, and I'm wondering if this could possibly be the original alternator? I'm in the process of replacing water pump, belts, etc. and am thinking it would be a a lot easier replacing the alternator now, rather than later. Thanks for any input.

A properly rebuilt OEM(Nippondenso) alternator will last as long as a new one.
Mine did 210000 miles before a small onboard fire killed it.

Never ditch the nippondenso,there is nothing better except a bigger Nippondenso like this 137 amp monster:D
robs pics 002 (Small).jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: where did you get that monster? looks really cool.
what about the performance of that beauty? does it fit well?
i love it is just that the OEM is soo weak. what's the diference between the OEM and that nippondenso?

FJ60;

Where did u get that beauty?

Fit the FZJ80 engine?

FJ60_cruiser said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: where did you get that monster? looks really cool.
what about the performance of that beauty? does it fit well?
i love it is just that the OEM is soo weak. what's the diference between the OEM and that nippondenso?

It is a landcruiser diesel alternator and is fitted as standard to aussie spec 75/78/79 series landcruisers.
For the last week or so since I completed my engine swap(3F to 1HZ diesel) it has run fine.

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer and Nippondenso make the Toyota electrical equipment,not just for the 4x4,but for all the trucks buses and cars as well.

There is nothing wrong with yours if its working ok,unless you are running too much electrical gadgets from it. Yours should be about 55 amps and is the same as they use on a diesel 23 seater Toyota bus.

I got it from here
http://www.aea.com.au/shopping/Alternator_UnitsNippon_Denso.html

dfmorse said:
FJ60;

Where did u get that beauty?

Fit the FZJ80 engine?

There is a 99% chance it will fit a 1FZE engine if the alternator is on the right hand side of the engine

if the part # for the alt ends in -84, its a reman OEM alt and its as good or better then the original.

Landpimp said:
if the part # for the alt ends in -84, its a reman OEM alt and its as good or better then the original.

Awesome info.

Connie blew her alternator on Thursday. Tore out Clyde's and swapped it in. Nothing like having a source of parts. Yeah, Clyde's pissed but I promise him something bigger and better.

You know how guys are ...

;p

Cahil

Landpimp said:

Mine ends in -84. Now I know what a PITA it is to do a waterpump on a 62. The old one is finally out. Such a fun job to do in freezing weather!

roscoFJ73 said:
A properly rebuilt OEM(Nippondenso) alternator will last as long as a new one.
Mine did 210000 miles before a small onboard fire killed it.

Never ditch the nippondenso,there is nothing better except a bigger Nippondenso like this 137 amp monster:D

Wonder if it will fit the 2F mount?

Overlord said:
Wonder if it will fit the 2F mount?

Its possible with some fabbing. Its a mirror image of the F alt mount and fits the right hand side of the engine.
robs pics 001 (Small).jpg

roscoFJ73 said:
Its possible with some fabbing. Its a mirror image of the F alt mount and fits the right hand side of the engine.

Could you please take a measurement of the base/mount?

yeah.........but trying to find an alt in the US for a HZJ78.........aint gonna be easy ;)

roscoFJ73 said:

I have gone thru 4 alternators in 2 1/2 years. I'm now on my 3rd remanufactured one. I've learned my lesson the next one will be a Mean Green high output alternator. The remanufactured alternators just don't last. On 2 of them the bearings have gone out and the last one the voltage regulator gave up after 1 month. The one I have now is on the fritz too. The output fluctuates between 12VDC and 13.5VDC to much. The 1 year warrantee sucks. When this one dies out I'm going to a high output. Plus the factory output of 80A-90A is way to low. Spend the extra money in a high output.

I'll endorse the MG high out-put alt. Have had it on the 62 for 2 years w/ out any issues. Just expect to wait for one, mine took 4 weeks to get - so plan ahead. It is a direct drop in for the OEM unit. You also might want to replace your fusible link if you're still on the original - helps get all that juice back to the battery.

JMHO

Harry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom