Reman'd PS Pump Experiences? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have positive or negative experience with a reman'd PS pump? Parts Geek has a Cardone pump for $80. That sounds like a deal to me if the quality is good.
Any other good sources for a reman'd pump you know of?
Thanks
Russell

PS - Please resist the urge to tell me to rebuild my own, that's not my question.

Tagging this because my pump is leaking at the rear seal. I can get a Masterpro pump from O'reilly with a lifetime warranty for $125 (with the core charge deducted) and to me it's worth the extra money to have the lifetime warranty local instead of having to ship back and forth etc.

I'm pretty sure Masterpro is probably Cardone just as the guy at Autozone told me Duralast pumps were Cardone.

Just rebuild it yourself, it is very easy to do and you will have a better pump then you would get at the parts store.

Just rebuild it yourself, it is very easy to do and you will have a better pump then you would get at the parts store.

Agreed. Buy a quality kit and rebuild (ie: learn something about the hydraulic steering system on your 1FZ-FE).

Or, buy a new one.

:)

and to me it's worth the extra money to have the lifetime warranty local instead of having to ship back and forth etc.

I find lifetime warranties are a marketing ploy to sell junk. My experience is that they either come up with some excuse to not honor the warranty or you are constantly replacing one piece of junk with another piece of junk. I'm not saying that I never use parts from these places. I'm just saying that I don't use the lifetime warranty as a reason to buy from a certain company. JMHO.

Anyone have positive or negative experience with a reman'd PS pump? Parts Geek has a Cardone pump for $80. That sounds like a deal to me if the quality is good.
Any other good sources for a reman'd pump you know of?
Thanks
Russell

PS - Please resist the urge to tell me to rebuild my own, that's not my question.

Can....not....resist........rebuild your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom