Reman caliper options (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I realize I could go rebuilt the factory calipers... but after 200k i figure Im rolling the dice. Plus I just don’t feel like doing it .. sooo

Looking at local options only for ease of warranty, convenience, etc.

Autozone -Duralast
Orielly- Brake Best
Napa - Adaptive One, or Nugeon

All similarly priced with lifetime warranty

Anyone have input on which is the better of the group?

Toyota reman?

do they come empty or loaded?

Are the the right Toyo remans ? 55$ seems to good
AF02258B-F204-46F4-BC35-1CA344BB6362.png

I used Oreilly remanufacured calipers and they looked great and worked great. They were remanufacured by Cardone. Very inexpensive too.

I got Centric loaded from Rockauto. About $140/pair. Zinc Chromate coated. They’ve held fine for the 2 years I’ve had them. I think that Cruiser Outfitters has new ones.

Im trying to avoid online if possible just for old school convenience factor. But toyo remans maybe worth the effort...

It was several years ago. Back then at my store, the remanufacured calipers were refurbished by Cardone.

The units from Toyota do not come loaded, but they are nice and I believe use new pistons/seals. I used them for the 4Runner brake upgrade.

Core charge is expensive, if you buy thru the dealer, should you plan on keeping your old calipers.

New OEM are available, but $400 or more for a pair.

I will be the Napa guy, got them loaded and never a problem. Maybe the gold level?

@dbleon

I really don't remember, sorry. I just looked and they only have those two you mentioned. They don't look familiar.

Get the reman calipers from your local dealers online parts store, pay for them and the core charge. Then take your old ones with when you go to pick them up ( no shipping charge) put them in the boxes the rebuilt come in, get your core refund and be on your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom