Relocating from Chapel Hill to Huntsville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted to stop by and introduce my self. I just paid up my dues for Hot south Cruisers and looking forward to getting involved and meeting everyone.

My name is Austin and I live in Chapel Hill, NC. My wife, I and my 3 daughters will be relocating from Chapel Hill to Huntsville at the end of August. I have had a lot of vehicles and no stranger to turning wrenches. Currently have a 1995 80, 1996 80, and a 1988 FJ62 in my driveway. I can only claim the 1996 FZJ80 though. I have acquired a small following of cruiser heads that trust me with their LC and claim they will be sad to see me go. Im originally from Trussville, AL and have been here the past 5 years exploring around NC and VA with my girls and other Cruiser Heads with the same passion as I.

enough about me, heres what you really care about...

BAA2EBA2-5AD5-4113-A6D3-AE04ACE65447.jpeg

B8DF44B4-684D-4433-BC56-11F24F389FD7.png

641C5C19-B891-4079-AC40-E970E4023DB8.jpeg

24990AB7-07A3-4C25-8814-BE3ED70153F6.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome 👍Welcome back!
We are meeting every 4th Thursday at the Nook in Huntsville and also have a calendar that will be updated some more this week.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting back. Over the next few weeks I’ll be making trips back and forth finalizing the purchase of a house. Looking forward to meeting y’all.
And a 60 series thank you very much.

Welcome to Huntsville Austin!

Wish the 62 was mine but it’s going to live in Elkmont. It’s going to be used as a promotional vehicle for Fort Hampton Outfitters. Pretty cool story, It was found in a field in Virginia we’re it hadn’t run since 2005. I’ve brought it back and refreshed the 3FE. Currently putting some miles on it to dial it in before it makes the trip back to Elkmont, Alabama.

We'll look forward to meeting you. Don't be afraid to speak up before a meeting if you're keen on wheeling, grabbing a pint, etc.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Looks like we’ll be leaving here and closing on the 28th. Plan is to ship everything back in a Pod, leave a few days early, and camp along the way back.

I finished up working on a local members 80 this week so I’m finally getting some time for maintenance on mine. I sold my DD so I could bring my 80 back, so I’ve gotta get it dialed in for the trip.

So far my list includes.
  • replace leaky AN fittings on the PS cooler.
  • Replace rear output seal in the tcase
  • Panhard bar bushings.
  • Alignment/rotate/balance.

C2BD6274-55F3-4790-AD0D-8E152F310639.jpeg

So you said you don't mind pulling wrenches, how deep is your knowledge on 2H's? 😁

I am 85% done with the rebuild on the 2H for my troopy and will be putting it in the truck in the next few weeks hopefully. The old tired H motor is coming out next week if I find time

So you said you don't mind pulling wrenches, how deep is your knowledge on 2H's? 😁

I am 85% done with the rebuild on the 2H for my troopy and will be putting it in the truck in the next few weeks hopefully. The old tired H motor is coming out next week if I find time
Pulling wrenches is free therapy. I have 3 daughters under 5 so I look forward to it.

I’m not familiar with diesel but want to learn. Taking things apart was never a problem so I may be able to help.😁

When I get back I may need to have a wrenching session at the house.

I’ve been working on this 62 for a few months and it could use a fresh set of eyes.

4BD6B442-F2DB-4B6F-9A0B-C25A5AB330CC.jpeg

Pulling wrenches is free therapy. I have 3 daughters under 5 so I look forward to it.

I’m not familiar with diesel but want to learn. Taking things apart was never a problem so I may be able to help.😁

Sounds like another wrench day is needed on the calendar. Make it happen cap'n.

Great! A few of us are heading to hawk pride tomorrow morning. Come on out if interested. Gonna be a morning ride with some brews and cruiser talk afterward as we beat the heat

Well we officially closed last Wednesday. My truck has arrived in Huntsville. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

View attachment 2077896
Great! A few of us are heading to hawk pride tomorrow morning. Come on out if interested. Gonna be a morning ride with some brews and cruiser talk afterward as we beat the heat
Hawk Pride. I’m not sure what it is but I’m interested. Any time for any type of car talk interest me.

Hawk Pride Offroad Park in Tuscumbia. ~1.5 hrs west of HSV. We'll meet at 8am at the cracker barrel off Wall-Triana blvd and 565. We'll ride til early afternoon then head back for food/drink. Plan is to have a good ride and avoid the worst of the heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom