Relic Run food for thought (1 Viewer)

What do you want to do for Thursday dinner? And do you want to bring a dish for Friday?

• Fend for yourself on Thursday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Bring a dish to pass for Thursday

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jakes40

IH8MUD Poser
SILVER Star
Threads
It looks like we are going to be fed Saturday and there is a pot luck Friday. Do we want to contribute to the pot luck? Maybe 2-3 dishes. I didn’t see a list for the pot luck to see what is available to bring.
For Thursday do we want to do a group pot luck or fend for yourself?

Please post up if you want to bring a dish to pass on Friday and what you can bring.

ONSC has kindly asked us to participate in their pot luck so I feel CLCC has some kind of obligation to participate. The good news is that Lylia will be making a pot of baked beans instead of whatever sh!t I could come up with.

@JohnVee do they have a list of food that others are bringing.

@JohnVee do they have a list of food that others are bringing.
I don’t know. Maybe check the thread in ONSC. We used to be halfway decent of posting that kind of stuff. Now we’re mostly useless for it.

I’d say be prepared to eat on your own and just sample whatever is offered. BUT...this IS the first event in a long time for most people so you never know what to expect.

I don’t know. Maybe check the thread in ONSC. We used to be halfway decent of posting that kind of stuff. Now we’re mostly useless for it.

I’d say be prepared to eat on your own and just sample whatever is offered. BUT...this IS the first event in a long time for most people so you never know what to expect.
THIS. It is always a great idea but you may not get to sample what you want or get as much as you want. I want to eat when I want and as much or little as I want. I also want to know what I am eating. I am happy to help out but plan to cook my own meals. The other option is be the "guy" who brings a bag of chips! :)

as for Thursday... i was thinking on doing my lettuce cups concoction which i always make enough to share.

as for the pot luck i had in mind to make sausages with peppers in a whisky glaze that I can do a big ol batch of that for the pot luck... its something simple and only needs a bowl and camp spoon to eat....

at the pot luck do we need to provide plates and all or is everyone pretty well expected to have their own to use?

Also the big question is I last saw somewhere that there were going to be over 100 people there... how much are we expecting each dish to be able to serve? a taste or a meal worth?

1622147735775.png

Communal pot. Communal spoon. One lick per person per day. That should cover the weekend. :hungry:

Make however much you want. The meal is totally voluntary and not being relied upon to fill the bellies of the masses. There are in fact still people, even in the south, who won’t be comfortable being close to others, let alone sharing food. Maybe next year will be back to normal.

I’m sure that ONSC will drag out the countless leftover plates and such from past events.

gotcha @JohnVee Ill pre-prep a good sized batch before hand so it will be easier to cook on site. lucky there is a sale on at the local store on the sausage I like to use!!

James talks about the dinner and models the new shirt post 131

I remember reading somewhere that there was a maybe on power to run a slow cooker for the pot luck...
BUT....
if there isn't a spot open or no power, does anyone a portable power bank i could bum for a bit to keep the sausages warm during the pot luck?

Just saw this:

We will have plates and forks
We'll be giving you an index card if you want to identify your dish
Yes - there's now over 170 people coming, 45 of them are kids so if you make your dish very spicy you can be sure they won't eat it :)
Don't feel like you should feed a lot of people - but anyone that eats will get a sticker to use to vote for their favorite dish. They'll put it on the index card or next to it if they run out of space - if you don't make a lot, you won't get a lot of votes and the coveted "most delicious" trophy will be lost.......
There will be outlets - bring a power splitter and or an extention cord so we have enough... If we run out of outlets or blow some fuses with the band playing we have a club generator we can hook up. Please plan on turning the crockpots off or onto low/warm when the band goes on.
And yeah - the outpost sells Doritos and Diet Coke too... :)

I won't be arriving until 7PM or so tomorrow. See you there.

well i am going to use a cast iron pot to serve up the sausages so ill be able to heat it up on the camp stove and it should be warm for a good bit... that way there is no issues with power

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom