Relaxing on Badin Lake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT
GOLD Star
Threads
After a heck of a last few days which i will go into detail later i am at the Badin Lake camp ground for the week. Going to relax / wheel / ride the dirt bike. And enjoy some relaxing.

The last few days were hectic due to the PO of my house. Will explain later, just say that if you do not know how to do something with the structure of the house leave it alone or find someone that does and pay them to do it. :censor: :censor:

:steer: :steer: :steer:

Ill be down there stacking some stone walls if you get tires of all that relaxing and riding ;)

Enjoy the woods Darin. My brothers home PO was the 'shim master'.

Jason, Where will you be down here ?

It is great down here minus all the Locusts falling out of the trees and making all the rukus all the time. The noise is acceptable but the darn things falling out of the trees on you is a bit much sitting around the camp site.

On a good note took a pic of our new sign on our trail yesterday. Looks good. Will post pics later after i download camera.

I will be on the north side of the lake. Blaine road I believe off of 109 shortly south of 64. Leads to several lakeside residential communities.

I hear you on the locust. They were EVERYWHERE last week and the dogs were munchin em down left and right.

Good to see we finally got our sign!

Jason,, If you get time stop by here at Camp. We are in the Lower Loop. If you want i can PM you my number if it looks like you will get some free time.

Just came off of the trails with my bike. Had to check the weather as they are calling for some storms this afternoon / evening. I see non on radar right now though, which is nice.

Darin, can you do me a favor? could measure the rasied tent beds (i think they are like 12 x 12 or something close to it.) i don't know about the sites in the loop but, Group 'A" camp there are raised beds for setting up tents. I am looking to buy another tent, and i want to make sure it will fit.

Thanks in advance Eric.

Eric, Will try to get by there tomorrow.

Not too sure what size they are right now but the ones down here are about 16 - 17 feet by the same. Now this was measured with my flip flops but are about 12 inches each. Good for rough measurements anyway.

Right now i am trying to track on radar if this storm is going to hit us. Looks close but also looks like it is weakening.

Went for a hike up here today on the hiking path around the lake sorta and the locusts are everywhere. Got to be Millions of them up here. And they are loud as all get out.

By the way as usual we will be cleaning our trail up here this week. Post up if anyone needs pics of stuff you all might be doing up here on the 21st. I am sorry we will not be able to make it then, but here shortly i might be able to make alot of things. Thinking very highly right now of going to school and then open my own Cruiser shop. Might be shooting myself in the foot but it has been a dream of mine. What do you all think of that idea ?

I think if it is your dream go for it...... but I also think it is a niche market and might be hard to break in to.
I'd go more for the high end stuff with diesels that run off of bio like eco offroad or whatever they are called. Higher end markets normally bring in more revenue.

Thanks Darin, my current tent is 10' x 20' and it didn't fit, I could remember how much longer the tent was compaired to the pad. I thought they were square for the most part.

Al,

The school i will be going to is in your neck of the woods. UTI. That is the school i am thinking about here. My backup will be the local dealer here. I am going to talk to them about possibly being a mechanic for them after school, just in case it dose not play out the way i want it. Good part is i already have good money coming in from retirement, so all my bills will be paid prior to this. This will be to further complement my funds and have fun at what i do.

Got really lucky in that storm last night, most of it hit by where Al lives. Infact got more hitting there tight now.

Love MiFi and a netbook. Works great out here.

Eric, They are 16x16. Also seeing as i am in good with all the hosts they said you do not have to camp on them though, just as long as you stay in that site and not past the no camping signs you are good.

That rain last night made the trails slicker than snot. What a hoot though. A little harder on the bike this morning though.

Coming back down the back side of Kodak this morning on the bike i seen a new full sized Dodge Ram 4x4 going up it. No lift at all and not even any good tires. Just thought he would try put the trails in it, and had no clue what they were like. I guided him off of Kodak and back to the parking lot where he belonged and he went along his way. He said after he got in he realized he was in past what he could do.

Trails are nice and quiet right now. Good wheelin.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Darin!! Have fun and be safe.

Darin,

I'm glad you are having a good time! I could use come down time to relax. If you open a shop I will bring my pile to you.

Just ate another good breakfast of Flapjacks, bacon, and eggs. Topped off with 3 pots of coffee. Got to get back home before i put too much weight on here. Eat entirely too good here. NOT.

Getting ready to go back out and hit the trails again then clean ours.

Sounds like a rough life Darin! :grinpimp:

Allen, You know it. I do all the cooking out here. And i cook alot .

Trail has been cleaned. Did not have a chance to tell Janet. Am going to try and tell Tom before we leave to let her know. Rode all of the trails today in 2 low besides Daniel. Got to love 2 low.

Few pics....
101_1959.jpg
101_1992.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom