Reinstalling the passenger side sway bar link. What's the trick? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After jumping thru some hurdles this pass week. I was finally able to install the OEM spacers on the front of my 2011 L.C yesterday. Now I'm at a stalemate with this PIA passenger side sway bar link.
-I torqued to spec on both sides my UCA/upper spindle bolts, 4 strut tower bolts, & ABS line bolts. I left all other bolts/ links loosley on both sides.
- I then installed the tire on the driver's side, removed the jack stand, and brought the driver's side tire down to the ground.
-While keeping the passenger side up on a jack stand, I used a floor jack to push up/manipulate the driver's side sway bar where the sway bar and KDSS bracket connect.
-When I push up, the passenger side link goes back into bracket, and I can get the bolt started, but the rear part of the rubber bushing will not line up with the threaded part on my LCA.
What's the method to madness with getting the bolt thru this link?
-My KDSS valves are open 2.5 full turns.
- My four sway bar bracket bolts are loosened 4 full turns.
I've provided a few pictures to show you guys what I'm doing.

20210918_192539.jpg

20210918_192228.jpg

Put front on jack stands. Remove the passenger wheel. Stick a long bar over the sway bar and use an LC frame to push the sway bar down. You may need 2nd person to help to get that bolt in while you are pressing on the long bar.

Put front on jack stands. Remove the passenger wheel. Stick a long bar over the sway bar and use an LC frame to push the sway bar down. You may need 2nd person to help to get that bolt in while you are pressing on the long bar.
Both sides up on jack stands?

Yes, thats how I have done it.

With the bolt in the first part of the bracket and bushing, when you put enough force on the sway bar the bushing will flex and bolt will eventually line up. I used a breaker bar over the sway bar against the frame, as mentioned by others. It took quite a bit of force.

With the bolt in the first part of the bracket and bushing, when you put enough force on the sway bar the bushing will flex and bolt will eventually line up. I used a breaker bar over the sway bar against the frame, as mentioned by others. It took quite a bit of force.
Thank you. My neighbor came over and manned the pry bar, and I was able to get the bolt in!

Thanks guys for your help! As I said in the last post, my neighbor came over and applied the strength on the pry bar, and I took a 19mm deep impact socket, some 1/2" extensions, and slid the bolt in and moved it around while tightening and it finally started threading🤙🤙🤙

20210919_120008.jpg

20210919_120043.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom