Reinstalling a front (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
AE9D57BF-94DE-4569-888E-43850BAE4CDC.jpeg
F3D685BB-D1C5-41A8-A992-7F534B4A5F55.jpeg

Weird - wouldn’t let me submit text with the pictures above, sorry about that.

This rig had a hard life and the people that had it before me at some point hacked off the front bumper to install a power steering conversion kit.

Ate the front bumpers weld-on items, any specific ideas or suggestions about a style I should be looking at giving I’ve got a Saginaw box there?

Thanks!

The front bumpers bolt on, and you are missing the triangular plates (see pix at www.sor.com) Your frame appears to have been shortened, too, a bit. People with Saginaw steering boxes use stock front bumpers, so there is no real reason you can't, if you get the right pieces.

Thanks @73FJ40 - so let be track down those triangular pieces and see how much frame was taken off. Gulp.

Looks like you need 6-RH and 7-LH too but 7-LH might need modifying.

And just note, the numbers don't bolt to the frame at all. They bolt to the 4 parts you need. And you will have to modify the 7-LH part because of the bolts through the frame. Not a big deal at all.

@tdskip

Some pictures for your benefit:
front bumper extension.jpg
front frame at bumper.jpg

The bumper extensions ( 6-RH and 7-LH ) are attached with rivets but bolts would work. You may need to alter the attachment locations (and cut some holes to avoid the saginaw bolts) to avoid your saginaw unit.

The frame measurement is about 10 inches out from the crossmember. Based upon your first picture, I believe your frame has not been cut.

The triangular gusset plates are still available new from the dealer ($33), the same price as SOR without shipping costs.

Good stuff!

Pretty sure I’ve got a set of 6-RH and 7-LH if you’re looking for some. Message me if interested. I’ll go find what they cost me.

Pretty sure I’ve got a set of 6-RH and 7-LH if you’re looking for some. Message me if interested. I’ll go find what they cost me.

Good morning and thanks or the offer.

I actually ordered what I think I need from @65swb45 earlier this week. I bet other people here could use those bits however if you list them in the classified section.

now if you have a decent front bumper... grin.

Have a good rest of your week.

Front bumper is still available from Toyota. Not terribly priced either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom