Rehabbing dooy latch (wiggly indoor handle) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.hack.net
Hi all,

My passenger side indoor door latch handle is very wiggly. So much so that you can jerk it around and get the handle to do a complete 360 over the top of the cam gear.

It seems like this is just due to POs pulling the door shut with the latch handle instead of the pull + homemade weatherstripping making the door difficult to close.

Anyway, the "axle" or pin that the inside latch handle rotates on just has too much play. Any thoughts on fixes? I've got it all cleaned up and derusted but not sure if it is worthy of reinstallation. I can't see any (non destructive) way to get the pin or "axle" out.

Tips for repair?

Or-

Do aftermarket latch assemblies allow the use of the existing lock?

Thank you :cheers:

I haven't fixed mine yet. But I was thinking that the right sized C-clip would shim it up. If I cant find one i will cut a washer in half and weld it.

I haven't fixed mine yet. But I was thinking that the right sized C-clip would shim it up. If I cant find one i will cut a washer in half and weld it.
I thought about using a C clip when I was redoing my doors and decided to eliminate the hassle and buy new paddle handles from Cruiser Corps - $40 or so. Keep your attach bolts if they're in good shape because the ones you get from them might not fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom