Regulator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads
My cruiser wont stop running and I am trying to figure out why. I noticed that a wire goes form the postive post on the coil to a delco remy regulator on the firewall. Its on post 4 of the regulator. Should this wire even be there? I didnt put the GM alternator in, the PO did. Thanks.

Not supposed to be like that. Sounds like a trick one of the POs of my pickup did. It seems like it would bypass the ignition switch that way.

I took it off and the cruiser no longer keeps running. The PO of my cruiser installed a toggle switch that turns on the power to the cruiser and shuts it off(shuts off motor too). The only thing the ignition switch is good for is to start the motor. I hate that switch, I need to get rid of it. Thanks for the help, I didnt want to disconnect that wire if it was there for an important reason.

I don't understand how it took you this long to discover the problem. If it only happened now for the first time, then you may have only troubleshooted a symptom, not the real problem.

I would be VERY careful about the wiring with the ignition and voltage regulator. Issues with EITHER of these could potentially wipe out your whole wiring harness.

Yeah, the run on problem has only been an issue recently and I cant figure out why. You are correct though about this only fixing a symptom. I just need to spend some time and take out all the stupid wiring jobs the PO did and return it to stock configuration. I still dont get why the PO would hook up the coil to the voltage regulator though. Thanks.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom