Registering HZJ77 import in California (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm having a hell of a time registering my J77 in California. They - DMV foreign vehicle import - are asking for impossible documents related to safety and emissions in order to register. The vehicle was purchased from the previous owner already registered in Nevada. Has anyone been able to register their J77 in CA? Thanks.

I'm having a hell of a time registering my J77 in California. They - DMV foreign vehicle import - are asking for impossible documents related to safety and emissions in order to register. The vehicle was purchased from the previous owner already registered in Nevada. Has anyone been able to register their J77 in CA? Thanks.

It's difficult and you have to be comfortable living in the grey area to get it done, once it's done your set. It takes a little footwork and good luck. I've been working on getting mine in since just before Coronavirus shut things down. I'm going to the DMV for what should be my final time tomorrow. I've adjusted my paperwork a couple of times and have been given the thumbs up with these changes, I just have to send it to "Sacramento" for final sign off. We'll see if I'm a smart as I think I am. Shoot me a message and I'll give you some tips if you want.

Im in Vacaville, so if you need support in the, "lets get beers department" let me know.

Side note, i was up in Auburn riding a few weeks ago and i saw a white 77. Is that you?

Im in Vacaville, so if you need support in the, "lets get beers department" let me know.

Side note, i was up in Auburn riding a few weeks ago and i saw a white 77. Is that you?
Absolutely, a few beers to ply knowledge out of you is more than fair! Yes, I ride my MTB in Auburn quite frequently. I will be out there on Saturday morning if you're up for a ride.

John
916-337-5176

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom