Registering an Aussie import troopy in Florida - HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellow mudders,
I bought an import from AUSTOUSA about three years ago. I have all the correct paperwork which they gave me. I never registered the vehicle because I was fixing it up. Now some friends that I sold it to are trying to get it registered at the Florida DMV but the DMV is being a stone wall. If there is anyone out there who has ever registered in Aussie import at the Florida DMV please contact me. Sooner the better
727-514-2259
Thanks in advance
J

I always thought you needed to handle at least getting a US title when it was imported not three years later. On the west coast so AIStoAUS would import to WA and thought they handled getting a WA title. Not if buyer needed a WA and then transfer to state the buyer lived in. I know title transfer of new owner is usually suppose to happen within a few weeks not years. Back in the nineties heard of someone who brought a Canadian cruiser to AZ and tried to get a AZ title. Was informed paperwork had to be done at the border and only way to handle it was take it back to Canadian border. He ended up just parting it out. If you currently don't have a title for the vehicle from a US state from when it was imported think you will have trouble.

Thank you. But we got it squared away. The DMV really just needed some documentation from the previous owner in Australia to me to the new owner. Which we were able to sort out. They got it registered last week and they are excited beyond words. Funny thing is he owns a pizza shop and he’s going to deliver pizzas with! I guess Troopy‘s can do anything!

Thank you. But we got it squared away. The DMV really just needed some documentation from the previous owner in Australia to me to the new owner. Which we were able to sort out. They got it registered last week and they are excited beyond words. Funny thing is he owns a pizza shop and he’s going to deliver pizzas with! I guess Troopy‘s can do anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom