Regarding wiper blades (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This last weekend I took my 62 for its first trip (since I bought it) to the mountains, and it performed like a champ on snow and ice, despite managing a measly 35mph or so near the steepest part of the pass :)

Between the salt on the roads and the slushy mess that wound up on my windshield most of the way, I realized that my wipers blades are shot and I'm about to replace them, my question is this:

Do I need to get replacements for the original blades, or can I get something like Rain-x silicone blades, or something newer that I can rely on to not leave me straining out the window, Ace Ventura style, trying to see my way through the mountains! I don't know how unique the wiper arm construction is on my 62 and whether it will accept anything or special Toyota only blades.

Even without snow tires or chains, I felt like the 4wd was indomitable on slippery roads this weekend.

pretty much any aftermarket blade will work though the key is to make sure that it comes with the "side saddle" adapter plus new screws. take a look at the ones you've got now and you'll see what i mean.

I got some great direct replacement ones from NAPA a couple months ago. Attach to the wiper arms with 2 screws, perfect fit, and they perform the best of anything I've had on the truck in 2 1/2 years.

I got some great direct replacement ones from NAPA a couple months ago. Attach to the wiper arms with 2 screws, perfect fit, and they perform the best of anything I've had on the truck in 2 1/2 years.

I like that endorsement! Do you remember what they were called? I'll be making a beeline to the autoparts store tonight; I ain't fixin to get caught in another blizzard with shoddy wiper blades.

And not to get terrible off topic in this thread, but I think I need to upgrade my headlights, too. This had been covered a lot on Mud, but I had to use my brights almost the whole way to the pass just so I could see (much to the chagrin of oncoming traffic).

Not off the top of my head, but they were the only ones I saw there. They come in three mounting styles (-1, -2, -3 at the end of the product number, -3 for the LC IIRC), pretty sure they said "direct fit" or something like that on them.

The mounts have a little sideways jog in them and 2 screw holes (if that makes sense, I take it that is how the OEM ones are, but I didn't have OEM on my truck, so this was new to me). I'm sure if you ask at the desk, they'll give you the right number (I went 1" over what the computer said for mine).

I'll have a looksee tonight after work. I just read your four eyes of fire post again and still don't know if my brain is wrapped around wiring up my own new light harness. Better re-read it a couple more times before I start understanding the scope.

Right now I don't think it was too bad, but time dulls all pains in the bottom area. It is nice to know how it all works, but to do the job right with soldering and heatshrinking takes time..... although you can customize all the lengths to fit.

X 1,000 on the NAPA's. Get the "direct fit" from them and it will be great!

Zack

Oh and the horror of having your 62 in the salt!

Oh and the horror of having your 62 in the salt!

I took mine to the car wash yesterday to get the salt off of it, then it started to snow last night, fresh salt :bang::bang::bang: Oh well, atleast I got the FluidFilm on it over the holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom