refrigerated center console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So we have alot of real resourceful folks on this board. Is this a product that could found/ordered?

Wasn't that an option in some countries? Someone on here knows were to get it I'm sure.

I'm sure MOT could get you one.

Yes, they are an option overseas. There have been a couple threads over the last year regarding installing them in a US 80 series. The net of the discussions was that the plumbing required to make it functional was cost prohibitive for most.

They seem standard on the JDM units, but I've also seen a fair selection of after market boxes. One might fit your need.

Kalawang

That's a stupid idea! Get an ARB fridge and be done with it! Best mod out there!

Sorry for the delay in checking in... computer problems! :eek:

Anyway, I've looked into this mod along with the rear ac stuff.
I've seen rigs with center console ice/cooler box only, rear ac only, as well as those with both.

The cool box came standard on most VX Limited models through '94 and optional on post '95.

To make long story short, I think it's a (very) costly and time-consuming mod. I wish it were very simple, but by the time you get all the parts and pay for the time to research and put it in factored in, you could have paid for a couple of (if not more) ARB fridges.

I've been trying to source the parts for rear ac, but am close to giving it up before getting myself in a bigger hole. ;p

Even if I had a rig with the center console ice/cooler box, I would still get the ARB. I guess the idea of having a cold one under your arm is still very cool and tempting though.

Mot

Plus it is illegal to drink and drive. So I think the law would frown upon it.

Wrench said:

You didn't think I meant a cold "beer", right? :rolleyes:

I meant a cold "caffeine-free" Diet Coke. :flipoff2:

In anycase, it's a cost-prohitibive mod for most in my book.

Mot ;)

thanks Mot I was hoping you would see this thread :flipoff2: . I guess now my question is no longer valid. I went cruising today to the glacier with the Alaska Cruiser Crew and ripped up the front bumper on truck. :mad: So with the truck belonging to my better half, I need to spend to fix the carnage I coused. So thanks everyone who answered and Mot thanks for sharing your research. :flipoff2:

Junk I am disapointed to hear that Mike hasn't checked in, not even personel Email huh? I sure hope he is okay.

And Wrench, I will not disagree with your comments about the fridges, but dam tell me how you realy feel. :flipoff2:

Wrench said:

Only in an open container County/State, and its only really "illegal" to be drunk and driving. If I'm in countly limits and not drunk, it is perfectly acceptable to drink a beer while driving around here-no open container laws.

Though from my perspective I wouldn't call it "perfectly acceptable" and I haven't actually had the need to drive through the county with a beer :D

But then again I have only been married a little over a year now... :D :D

ARB-but the center console idea takes up MUCH less space-as stated above MOT may be your source.

fj803fe said:
.... as stated above MOT may be your source.

You wouldn't think that after you have been following the "Grab bar" thread. :crybaby:

Mot :grinpimp:

Mot,

That's the second time you've mentioned a rear a/c project. Are you talking about a rear blower or a separate a/c for the rear ? We have shops here that install overhead blowers to cool the rear of vans and wagons. A friend installed one in his LC and happily recounts the number of passengers who've developed headaches from having cold air blowing on the back of their head.

Kalawang

rear ac consol e cooler

Mot, don't give up, I have a rear air unit and a console, I took it out of a 93 hdj81, make me an offer. Located in Atlanta. I need to ck . but I think I have 2 console's Send me a e- mail if interested

Bill,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom