Refinishing the grill (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Summer is almost here and I took the grill off of my 96 today to clean all the petrified bugs stuck in rad and trans cooler.

Now that I have it off, I noticed that the paint on the grill is chipped and even peeling places. Looks to be some kind of gray metallic paint.

Any suggestions on a close matching paint that is durable enough to take the abuse it would get on the nose of a LandCruiser?

Summer is almost here and I took the grill off of my 96 today to clean all the petrified bugs stuck in rad and trans cooler.

Now that I have it off, I noticed that the paint on the grill is chipped and even peeling places. Looks to be some kind of gray metallic paint.

Any suggestions on a close matching paint that is durable enough to take the abuse it would get on the nose of a LandCruiser?
Have you considered plasti-dip? It has a rubbery texture and withstands impacts well. Doesn’t get after your desire to match the paint color though.

Didn't think of that. It would probably hold up much better. I will check that out!

I just ordered a replacement off ebay. Spent more time and effort trying to clean it up than it was worth.

I haven't done it, but I was thinking of something like anthracite wheel paint and clear coat to get the right color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom