Refinishing OE Center Caps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wheels have seen lots of miles, sand and salt over the years but they are holding up better than my center caps which have gone to a yellow-greenish color. I think the OE paint has pretty much come off and they are down to the plastic.

If I take the time to sand and prep them so they are clean and ready for paint, is there a really tough silver spray paint I can get that will hold up well on the center caps?

You might consider Cerakote, there's a line of air cured coatings that don't require heat. IME rattle can paint doesn't hold up all that well, but then again
it's cheap and easy to respray them every couple of years. Easier still to run
without the caps :hillbilly:.

My wheels have seen lots of miles, sand and salt over the years but they are holding up better than my center caps which have gone to a yellow-greenish color. I think the OE paint has pretty much come off and they are down to the plastic.

If I take the time to sand and prep them so they are clean and ready for paint, is there a really tough silver spray paint I can get that will hold up well on the center caps?
Search is your friend.

The OEM coating was applied by a special process called vapor deposition and is far superior to paint. You can do it yourself, but it's not a five minute job.

Try Duplicolor wheel paint - it is suitable for plastic and a 2K clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom