Referral for engine rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crush 4

SILVER Star
Threads
Not sure if it isPC but would appreciate opinions / recommendations for engine rebuild and rough estimates from those experience w such est.. costs?
This would be a drop truck off and pick up completed. Roughly 275k 2F. Would it just need head refresh or total?
first rebuild of Toyo motor mostly used to lots of Chevy stuff.
Please feel free to pm if privacy is your preference.
Again that spirit I am approaching this is I simply don’t know where to start, if I had the time I would attempt it.
One other item, I realize I may have to ship vehicle.
Thanks in advance for the knowledge of this site!

Where are you located. Range $2000 to $8000. So many variables.

My local guy here in Northwest Florida gave me an estimate of between $2400-$3200 for a complete rebuild. That included parts and machine work. He is an older guy that runs the shop by himself (old school). I called around and got several estimates some same price some higher. I went with my guy because he was familiar with the 2f motors and did the work himself so he knew it was going to be done correctly.

My local guy here in Northwest Florida gave me an estimate of between $2400-$3200 for a complete rebuild. That included parts and machine work. He is an older guy that runs the shop by himself (old school). I called around and got several estimates some same price some higher. I went with my guy because he was familiar with the 2f motors and did the work himself so he knew it was going to be done correctly.
Are you happy w result?
While the cost is always a consideration quality workmanship done right the first time is highly desirable.

I dropped it off last week and it won't get done until maybe the end of July. I really liked Mosley motors and talked to them about the rebuild but at $6000 it was out of my price range. Also, I like the fact that my guy is local and I can drop in if there is any thing we need to discuss like machining the intake exhaust and header to make sure they seat correctly. If Mosley motors was a little closer I might have gone that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom