Referral ask: Transmission fluid exchange in Los Angeles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

COYS

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey LA folks,

Do you know of any local shops that have experience in doing a transmission fluid exchange on a '97 LC per thread below?

-Has a "transmission powered fluid exchange machine like the one used by Christo and American Toyota"
-Has done the job many times over on an 80 series

I'd appreciate any quality referrals. Thanks!

Pretty easy DIY project. Also any decent shop could do it, however I'd steer away from any power flush since it's really just a drain and fill.

Pretty easy DIY project. Also any decent shop could do it, however I'd steer away from any power flush since it's really just a drain and fill.

Thus the language I used (no flush mentioned in thread referenced as well).

Many thanks.

B G is the company that makes the machines that do the fluid transfers. There is nothing difficult in relation to an 80. I have done this on several trucks. Use Find a Shop | BG Products, Inc. to find a local shop that has one. Inexpensive also as i think the last one i did was around $100

B G is the company that makes the machines that do the fluid transfers. There is nothing difficult in relation to an 80. I have done this on several trucks. Use Find a Shop | BG Products, Inc. to find a local shop that has one. Inexpensive also as i think the last one i did was around $100

This ^^. I've had my 80 done twice by two different shops. I brought them my own fluid (Amsoil Universal ATF) and requested that they not use any additives, flushes, etc.

You can also do it yourself using the "Rodney" method. Works like a champ.

Hey LA folks,

Do you know of any local shops that have experience in doing a transmission fluid exchange on a '97 LC per thread below?

-Has a "transmission powered fluid exchange machine like the one used by Christo and American Toyota"
-Has done the job many times over on an 80 series

I'd appreciate any quality referrals. Thanks!

Check with the 5th Gen 4Runner forums. The newest Toyota truck transmissions run Toyota WS fluid. They don’t have dipsticks and are fully sealed. The best way to fully flush them is with a Power flush/fluid exchange system.

I think most Toyota dealerships with a strong truck or 4Runner customer base is equipped with this system now. When the sealed transmissions first came out, it was hard to find a properly equipped dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom