Redarc mounting bracket on LX470

screendoor

SILVER Star
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has successfully used the REDARC BCDCMB-008 on an LX470 (for use with a BCDC1225D)? When I line the bracket up, it interferes with the horn and there is not a hole in the radiator support bracket for the bottom support arm.

Visit site
Well, this is timely, as I was just looking into getting this setup for my LX...

Out of curiosity have you contacted Redarc? When I reached out with some questions via email their responses were very detailed and helpful.

screendoor

SILVER Star
Visit site
@Roosevelt T I contacted Redarc Australia (not sure why I didn't contact Redarc US) and they said:

I can confirm, our Australian BCDCMB-008 Toyota 100 Series BCDC mounting brackets fit the USA version also, see manual and customer photos attached.
- BCDCMB-008 BCDC Mounting Bracket to suit Toyota Landcruiser J100 and J105 Series - https://redarcelectronics.com/products/bcdc-bracket-to-suit-toyota-landcruiser-j100-j105
Being that the Lexus LX470 chassis is identical to the 100 Series Toyota, I’d have to imagine our BCDCMB-008 would fit up without complication…
This will certainly provide the factory look for your BCDC*D installation 😉

It seems from this post that it fits the Land Cruiser properly. Just hoping that someone smarter than me has come up with a good way to get it to fit on the LX.

Visit site
@Roosevelt T I contacted Redarc Australia (not sure why I didn't contact Redarc US) and they said:

It seems from this post that it fits the Land Cruiser properly. Just hoping that someone smarter than me has come up with a good way to get it to fit on the LX.
Yep, that is my Land Cruiser. I had to rotate the horn to get it to fit, but that was it. Land Cruiser had all three bolts/holes.

Visit site

Yep, that is my Land Cruiser. I had to rotate the horn to get it to fit, but that was it. Land Cruiser had all three bolts/holes.

So sounds like you need to rotate the horn and then LX owners need to drill a hole. Seems pretty simple. @screendoor Let us know how it looks installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom