Redarc DC-DC charger mounting location. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Zooguy

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a platform in the back with some house batteries hooked up to a inverter and I'm trying to figure out a good location to mount the DC to DC battery charger I got from Redarc. they said it needs good ventilation because the case is the actual heat sink. After speaking with Redarc they said if it's possible to mount it outside the vehicle as close as possible to the batteries.

Anybody running one of these show me where you mounted yours.

AECB3CDD-370D-4ED5-89AD-ACC0C2F8274F.jpeg
Upside down behind the passenger side rear tire. There’s a plastic plug there that you can knock out and drill a hole through to route the wires to the interior. Red cable in foreground is from solar panel.

View attachment 2847380Upside down behind the passenger side rear tire. There’s a plastic plug there that you can knock out and drill a hole through to route the wires to the interior. Red cable in foreground is from solar panel.
After just a quick look under the vehicle today I was considering that same location I know that the unit is fully sealed so it should be water and dust resistant. Have you checked to see how wet it gets back there after driving in the rain?

After just a quick look under the vehicle today I was considering that same location I know that the unit is fully sealed so it should be water and dust resistant. Have you checked to see how wet it gets back there after driving in the rain?
Nope, but since the RedArc is fully potted and all the connections are inside I don’t expect any problems. I put plenty of silicone around where I fed the wires through. Also the existing wiring in that area wasn’t particularly muddy or dirty.

Nope, but since the RedArc is fully potted and all the connections are inside I don’t expect any problems. I put plenty of silicone around where I fed the wires through. Also the existing wiring in that area wasn’t particularly muddy or dirty.
I went to the rendezvous in the Ozarks this year and camped at the very back which was basically 3/4 of a mile of a mud bog road because of three days rain just prior and during the event. That was one of the few areas that really didn't get muddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom