red tag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well my land lord got a notice from the county a while back and it said somthing to the fact that he had an illegal junk yard. Between my pig and the niegbors cars we must have really pissed off the one other person living at the end of our little road. I think I am just about shut down on any repairs for now I have until the 7th of August to move my pig or it will be towed. Anyone out there know what I could do as to the law? I live in San Bernardino county in California. The road is not maintained by the county and it is way off the pavement about 20 feet. The land lord dosen't care he just doesn't want to get fined, the letter said that if he dosen't complie he will be charged $62/hr until it is towed or removed my him. I don't have a garage or it would already be in there of course. For now I will be taking it to my parents house with the condition that I put a cover on it and will not be allowed to do the body work. I will however be able to do the enging work. Hopefully I can get it rebuilt smoged registered and back at my house, then do the body work. Its gonna suck to pull the motor and drivetrain a second time to finish the body work.

Last edited:
That sucks ! That kind of thing is exactly why i moved from arrow-dead to Colorado. Too many reg's. I grew up and graduated high school there. I'd go to the police sub station in Twin peaks and get some info on what the actual problem is and what his/your rights are. It Sounds like your neighbor has more cars than you, and is causing the problem. Maybe go talk to the 1 other person on your road and see what the deal is. Maybe he's pissed at the other guy and your in the mix. For a small town that one sure has a lot of arse-holes . Good luck (don't they understand they are dealing with a classic) BTW, there is still room for 1 more transplant in CO. Mike :cheers:

Is it currently a non-op registration? If not, see if a non-op "under restoration" is legal. You may also look into the possibility of getting it registered as a green sticker vehicle(or whatever OHVs require). That way it would be legal/registered, but not street legal. Not against the law to park an OHV in your driveway. However, that wouldn't matter if it isn't moving any time soon.

I never thought of green sticker, that might be an option. I think I know what the deal is someone is trying putting there house on the market and I can understand that some might think my pig in pieces is an eyesore, had they only spoken with my in the first place things would be better. Zornff you could be more right about the Sheriff up here they don't know squat and they think they own the world, not enough crime to keep them happy I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom