Red fluid leak drivers side (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone assist in telling me what might be causing this. I think it’s coolant.

CF5965DE-2B6A-45BE-9E35-92D1BC975F41.jpeg

5F32FD17-39BB-4BCF-A393-B52F8F4ABFE5.jpeg

48C6BBE9-55B2-4590-AA21-5384EFD75E16.jpeg

Heater Ts, heater hoses, or oil cooler hose are leaking coolant, but odds are that most likely the Ts are cracked.

If it is your heater Ts - part number is 87248-60460 and you need two of them. Check the condition of all of your coolant hoses while you’re at it.

Here to agree on the location of the coolant leak. You also know there is a pan plug missing which I'm guessing is why you were under there. The gasket maker on there is interesting, but seems to be working. Should just be a copper crush washer. I would inspect those pan threads to figure out why gasket maker was used. May have been over-torqued.

+1 heater t's. I thought my transmission puked in my driveway at first, red fluid must be atf..... nope, when i opened the hood there was obvious coolant splatter on the drivers side rear area of the bay dripping down.

make sure you get quality parts, i thought i ordered OEM heater t's, they even came in bags with toyota stickers w/ part numbers but they were fakes upon closer inspection. Ended up with 4 season galvanized heater T's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom