Red fender must die! Paint question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have one red fender that sticks out like a sore thumb, and one black one that isn't too bad, but while I'm getting rid of the red one.... :mad:

I searched and was unable to find any info on a rattle can that closely resembles dune beige (I think dune beige is the color I have). I'd like to get the fender as close to matching the rest of the tub as possible until I have the time to paint the entire thing next spring.

What is the closest rattle can color to my tub?

Thanks for helping.
10-24-05-02a.jpg

Check with your local auto paint supplier..most can put any color into a spray can for you. This will be more expensive than off the shelf stuff..maybe 35 bucks or so, but will be an exact match.

If your Dune Beige is really faded/oxidized and you're going to paint the whole thing in a few months, just prime it grey! :)

I took the boards suggestion and went to an auto paint store. The guy checked the code and a half hour later handed 4 rattle cans of perfectly matched paint.

Each can was $20 - OR if you got 4, it went down to $11 per. Wierd huh?

Get a Harbor freight gravity cup gun on sale $14

buy a pint of acrylic enamel in Dune Beige from your auto paint store.. $12

the only downside is you will paint your whole rig piece by piece once you do the fender.

Just prep and primer the whole thing. Then you'll be half way there when you do paint.

I have an extra gallon of Dupont Centari that I'll sell to you along with the correct amount reducer and hardner. I was gonna paint my hardtop but I'll never get around to it. It is Coronado Beige.

Great paint IMHO and a correct Toyota color. I don't have the years it was available for the 40's however. Send me a PM if interested.

Good luck.

I third that. The fender is a memorial to the cruiser it came from.

Paint both fenders black......kinda sick lookin if ya ask me!!! :cool:

I couldn't find any paint in a spray can that matched - I tried and it looked bad. I decided to just rattle can the entire thing. Decided on Allis Chalmers Orange. I was going to paint one of my Scouts that color, and never did.

Also got a bezel.

It is truly a 10 ft paint job. It will hold me over for a year or so. After I got it buttoned back up, I put the top back on as it snowed last night!! The top isn't painted yet, I'm going to wait until it warms up.

My only regret is that I didn't take the hood hinges off and paint them black. I'll probably do that next weekend. They look funny orange.

A couple of pics from more than 10 feet. ;)
11-05-05-01web.JPG
11-05-05-02web.JPG

Snowed a lot did it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom