Red and Grey Herculiner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
Herculiner is now making both red and grey... I am planning on lining my FJ40's tub tomorrow but now am thinking of waiting until I can get a can of red. Anyone use red yet? My cruiser is red, I'm wondering if the reds will clash! What do you guys think, red bedliner on a freeborn red cruiser or should I just stick with the black?

I saw a rock buggy at Moab with red liner stuff on it. I think it depends on the quality of the pigment used. It may or may not fade to pink.

That said...leave it to a girl to worry about shades of red clashing :D

Doug's right about the pigmentation. That "pinkness" characteristic of many readimade liner products seems to be pretty common and it spooked me away from trying one on the floorboards of my red '65. Instead I found a product called "Hippo-Liner" in the automotive paint supply that I use. The Hippo stuff can be made any color by the addition of several ounces of the actual mixed paint that the vehicle is painted with.
It comes in quarts, if I remember, and you add eight ounces of paint. The stuff worked great!! It's a perfect match to the exterior of the cruiser - it's heavily textured (which I might not have preferred) and has held up to "foot traffic" very well for near a year now. I think it's a tough as any of the 'home use' products are.

The caveat here is that I cannot speak for Hippo-Liner's performance in sunlight. We've yet to take the top off of that one and might never. Even with that I think it's definitely worth your investigation before you risk a sickeningly pink truck. Once on these products ain't easy to remove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom