Recurved dizzy? How to tell? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been spending a bit of time under the hood of my newtome FJ60 and have confirmed it's been desmoged properly. There is the JimC(?) bracket and pulley in place of the air pump and lots of new silicone vacuum line. Looking through the desmog doc it appears this is what was followed. The carb looks too clean, so I suspect it's been rebuilt. Once I did the white wire fix on the ICS the truck purrs like a kitten now. So this got me thinking, what else was done? If the dizzy, which looks pretty clean as well, were reworked, how could I tell?

The springs on it have the OME Dakar stickers, which haven't been sold as Dakar springs for a while, right? I'm curious how old they must be to be named Dakar springs.

I believe she’s referring to the roll pin on the dizzy. Could be wrong.

Ah, I haven't pulled it yet to see that pin. I was hoping there would be a tell tale-tale sign under the cap I could use to determine if it had been reworked.
You can see under the cap if it has a new aluminum bushing installed. I’ll find a photo.

On that pin, you’d see an aluminum bushing.
A spare bushing I used is shown as well, it might be slightly drilled out. That was something we had to do as the ID was too tight to slip onto the pin right out of the bag. I rebuilt one Diz of my own per another mudders directions. I had a second rebuilt/recurved by a non mud member and that’s what I’m running now.

6A650A6D-7326-480A-B7F2-1E35EE360970.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
On that pin, you’d see an aluminum bushing.
A spare bushing I used is shown as well, it might be slightly drilled out. That was something we had to do as the ID was too tight to slip onto the pin right out of the bag. I rebuilt one Diz of my own per another mudders directions. I had a second rebuilt/recurved by a non mud member and that’s what I’m running now.

View attachment 2532540

View attachment 2532566
This is good stuff! I'll check it out and see if I got lucky there too. Thanks Yota! Your mud, strong it is.

If the engine pings at certain RPMs and load when the EGR system is disabled and timing is set to standard 7°BTDC at sea level and gasoline in tank is 87 octane — the distributor has not been recurved

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom