Recurring Cylinder 8 misfire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MXB

Threads
Gents,

I have a recurring PO308 code (cylinder 8 misfire) that pops up as a pending code, but never permanent registered code. I pull over and stop and cycle the ignition after a rest and the CEL is gone.

Always occurs while towing a trailer in higher temperatures, but I definitely feel a loss of power before it flashes on the dashboard. it’s happened twice in a year and I’ve replaced the coil pack twice, and the plug once. Seems to resolve it temporarily but it returns. I’m guessing this is something else now, hopefully nothing deeper and more serious.

plug wires next before I take it in? Appreciate your thoughts. It’s a 2006 LC with 191k.

Two thoughts...

How does the plug and wires look on the harness side of the coil pack?

What brand of coil pack are you using?

Two thoughts...

How does the plug and wires look on the harness side of the coil pack?

What brand of coil pack are you using?

visually I don’t see anything wrong with either the plug or the wires, first coil pack was denso, second was a backup Delphi.

Probably 11 months since first coil replaced (denso) and just did this Delphi coil pack on the road before misfire occurred after another 500 miles

Assuming the plug you replaced with was the correct Denso plug, I’d swap coil pack with one from a “good” cylinder first to see if code moves. Certainly not unheard of to get a bad new coil pack or plug. Could also be an injector problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom