Recovery rope deal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

aandy767

SILVER Star
Threads
no association

I've been looking for a rope. 7/8" 30ft, made in the USA. bubba $225. yankum $199. ASR out of WA. has one on amazon $103. Called ASR and he said he has a seller that puts them on Amazon. He has one coated and colored for $183 also.

ITS NOT COATED. EYELETS ARE NOT COATED. I just don't want a $200 rope to get snatched out of my topless rig.

Amazon product ASIN B013VHFIIC

no association

I've been looking for a rope. 7/8" 30ft, made in the USA. bubba $225. yankum $199. ASR out of WA. has one on amazon $103. Called ASR and he said he has a seller that puts them on Amazon. He has one coated and colored for $183 also.

ITS NOT COATED. EYELETS ARE NOT COATED. I just don't want a $200 rope to get snatched out of my topless rig.

Amazon product ASIN B013VHFIIC
Ok. So...?
Personally think $100 is too much for what essentially acts like a collection of rubber band.
But def see their benefits and would run it were there a need, i.e. paid recoveries and the like.

They are available from China for really cheap. Just wanted made in USA. Not trying to make a living with it.

The beach, and some sticky mud, it might be handy. I've got a winch and a strap. I feel like I'm covered now.

Thought it was a decent deal.

This type of rope provides a night and day smoother pull than any strap ive used, including ARB on the top end and various cheaper brands. Shock loading of recovery points is dramatically reduced. Once you try one, you'll know.
Agree on all points. Snatch-strap (bubba yankum) is the right way when you can do that.
It's just the upfront cost and longevity.
Compared to the cable or rope winch we already own, only diff is the time it takes to recover someone or something.
And that time only matters when it is being recompensed by someone else.
Also, these snatch-straps (bungee cords) have a shelf life from date of manufacture that decreases significantly every time the strap is used. 10, full-weight rate pulls can legally perish a $250 snatch strap in 20 minutes.
Tow straps? Not so much. Winch cable? Not really at all.

Last edited:
I’ve been looking for a kinetic rope that’s not made in china, this one fills the bill and is USA built not like rino and other brands…

I think you are confused about kinetic rope construction and durability....

Nope, not confused at all…

Admittedly my terminology is all over the map. lol
I'd never attempt a 'snatch' with a tow strap. And when I say 'snatch strap' I'm only referring to the kinetic types of rope.
Or a thong.

Stumbled upon this and wanted to share a learning

If you wanted to make the eyelets of your rope or soft shackles abrasion resistant, PureCast 603 seems to be “the stuff” to use.

It was designed as a coating to reinforce the eyelets of lifting slings for military helicopters.

Stumbled upon this and wanted to share a learning

If you wanted to make the eyelets of your rope or soft shackles abrasion resistant, PureCast 603 seems to be “the stuff” to use.

It was designed as a coating to reinforce the eyelets of lifting slings for military helicopters.

Its probably a good product but at 15 to 30 min working life doesnt seem to be worth the money and time applying it. I make all my own soft shackles and splice winch rope and I dont see the need to dip the ends...soft shackles last a good long time unless it comes in contact with a sharp item, which is usually operator error

Reactions: CJK
Its probably a good product but at 15 to 30 min working life doesnt seem to be worth the money and time applying it. I make all my own soft shackles and splice winch rope and I dont see the need to dip the ends...soft shackles last a good long time unless it comes in contact with a sharp item, which is usually operator error
Yeah, I’m with you on that.
I would just use them uncoated, but figured I’d share what I discovered.

It’d be willing to wager that ASR makes all the ropes for Yankum. Company seems like it’s got the niche in manufacturing but Yankum does more marketing.

I’ve been looking for a kinetic rope that’s not made in china, this one fills the bill and is USA built not like rino and other brands…
If you're looking for made-in-the-USA recovery gear and the best quality and service you can get, you should check out Treaty Oak Offroad

Kyle is one of the best dudes you'll meet and a Mud vendor to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom