Builds Reconstruction after rollover - building The Champ 2. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How'd you like it? I'm kind of nervous about Fordyce...

Looks like you went in through Committee? Brave man doing that alone and in the dark!

How'd you like it? I'm kind of nervous about Fordyce...

FYI since you're coming from out of town - once the snow fully melts they're closing off Fordyce Lake Rd and will be working on a dam rebuild project. Basically all access to Fordyce Lake will be closed off which means the Committee entrance/exit point won't be accessible. This is a popular exit point in between WH2 and WH3 where you could leave the trail after destroying your rig and come out at Cisco Grove. Now the only entry/exit points will be south at Eagle Lakes or all the way north to Meadow Lake.

Qdhdghp.png

tNopsu3.jpg

Last edited:
FYI since you're coming from out of town - once the snow fully melts they're closing off Fordyce Lake Rd and will be working on a dam rebuild project. Basically all access to Fordyce Lake will be closed off which means the Committee entrance/exit point won't be accessible. This is a popular exit point in between WH2 and WH3 where you could leave the trail after destroying your rig and come out at Cisco Grove. Now the only entry/exit points will be south at Eagle Lakes or all the way north to Meadow Lake.

tNopsu3.jpg

Thanks for the heads up!
So no midway exit. Once you're in you're committed........

Well, I made it. Called it quits about 10pm last night and got some rest. I was back in the saddle by 7am. It took me until nearly 1pm to get to Meadow lake today. Besides dealing with 5 large trees across the trail, I winched many times and stacked many rocks. This trail is a son of a bitch and wet tires probably make it worse.

The only new body damage is a smashed front right turn signal, same one I broke last year in the woods up in WA. This time the sheet metal and the headlight are affected a bit.

This trail is not like Rubicon. You basically get no breaks as it is one considerable obstacle after another. Seemed like I was getting out to stack rocks or pull winch line ever few minutes. Was like being in the little sluice box all day......

The foam cell shocks are good in my opinion. They ride like butter all the time. My new rear quarter armor served it’s purpose for sure. I am very glad I decided to add hydro assist, it’s a game changer. Maneuverability is much better. This poor vehicle won’t be worth a dime one day but I’m having a lot of fun. Haha It’s a beast that just doesn’t know how to stop. 306k miles running like it’s new.

Last edited:
Well, I made it. Called it quits about 10pm last night and got some rest. I was back in the saddle by 7am. It took me until nearly 1pm to get to Meadow lake today. Besides dealing with 5 large trees across the trail, I winched many times and stacked many rocks. This trail is a son of a bitch and wet tires probably make it worse.

The only new body damage is a smashed front right turn signal, same one I broke last year in the woods up in WA. This time the sheet metal and the headlight are affected a bit.

This trail is not like Rubicon. You basically get no breaks as it is one considerable obstacle after another. Seemed like I was getting out to stack rocks or pull winch line ever few minutes. Was like being in the little sluice box all day......

The foam cell shocks are good in my opinion. They ride like butter all the time. My new rear quarter armor server it’s purpose for sure. I am very glad I decided to add hydro assist, it’s a game changer. Maneuverability is much better. This poor vehicle won’t be worth a dime one day but I’m having a lot of fun. Haha It’s a beast that just doesn’t know how to stop. 306k miles running like it’s new.
Everything I read about this trail makes it seem like its not a trail. It's just navigating through a boulder garden haphazardly. Sounds fun as ****.

And who cares what your truck is worth? I guess it was inevitable that would become a theme once collectors realized how special these trucks really are. Didn't realize you were at 306k, not surprised to hear it's running well though.

The foam cell shocks are good in my opinion. They ride like butter all the time. My new rear quarter armor server it’s purpose for sure. I am very glad I decided to add hydro assist, it’s a game changer. Maneuverability is much better. This poor vehicle won’t be worth a dime one day but I’m having a lot of fun. Haha It’s a beast that just doesn’t know how to stop. 306k miles running like it’s new.

Kudos. I find the Rubicon enjoyable, plenty of tough obstacles to make it challenging but also nice mellow spots to enjoy the scenery. Fordyce in an 80 stresses me out. Not my idea of a good time!

Here i’m headed up winch hill 3 bypass . still nasty enough I had to winch. Wet, dirt covered tires couldn’t hook up
BDBF5E77-2D54-4093-9741-389737B8FDD7.jpeg
CDCD53A7-DCE5-41D6-97FC-C199B9487FCF.jpeg
8F1C9745-379A-4C31-8D29-D828D8F1BCFE.jpeg
2A00BA1C-0BF4-4208-A10A-C41627658811.jpeg
E76653A1-4988-453E-BF73-36262B371D52.jpeg
I also made run up to signal peak yesterday.

Last edited:
WH3 = buggy line. an 80 will never make that with out major mods and being super lightweight.

Wh3 in an 80 = bypass line
Thanks for telling me after the fact.

During this trip I also had the pleasure of wheeling some Rubicon with @spyduh. He needs remedial crawling training. I think he bent a few hundred dollars worth of suspension parts. All joking aside, the guy is a fantastic trail chef.
B1D7F944-1590-4C75-BC3F-E4A785C32A9D.jpeg
ACBA99C4-A123-4F7E-B031-93FC26166D8A.jpeg
00491A3E-EBF0-4F2D-854F-49726F693AC6.jpeg
1F2E79CE-0782-4D3B-8629-0154FF417EBF.jpeg
54FFFA70-FE73-4A29-9A61-A6CC6D7E1EFB.jpeg

Looks like an adventure of a lifetime. Is it normal to get anxiety from some of your pics? I'm hyperventilating as I type this and drinking tons of cranberry juice to calm my nerves.

Looks like an adventure of a lifetime. Is it normal to get anxiety from some of your pics? I'm hyperventilating as I type this and drinking tons of cranberry juice to calm my nerves.
I’ve said before that I do get nervous sometimes when I’m doing that type of wheeling alone but that makes me think and causes my situational awareness to increase. I feel more alive at those times.

I’m in Truckee now. Decided I wanted a good meal, a shower and better sleep to prepare for the drive home to WA. I’m glad I came down today because I was snow wheeling several miles to get out. Aired down to 5 psi and luckily it was basically down hill driving.
8B342B1F-2E95-48D8-AB4E-814CCD910DE3.jpeg
BD8040E5-0484-43AE-92A9-D812F065C702.jpeg
5AEDDB48-6305-4884-9944-AC4B28853B8B.jpeg

you're going to get a remedial beating next time!
It’ll be cool as long as you grill me up another delicious wagyu beef burger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom