recommended tire pressures?? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have super swamper 37s running with 529 gears and lockers all around. Wondering what a good reduced tire pressure is for moderately rocky and steep trails - a few steep chunky sections. Any thoughts??

For what it's worth, I actually run 18 in the rear and 20 in the front as a starting point and then once or twice I've dropped further down out of desperation. You can probably run 14ish as a starting point. Get a good tire gauge to be precise:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00404WDUC/?tag=ihco-20

fodrVot.jpg

I think I was running around 18 here. Should have gone lower but didn't want to deal with losing a bead while pinched against a rock

I used to run13-14 psi, but recently I have been driving lots of trails with a lot of moderate trail, so I reset my bleeders to 17. I have never run slime or bead locks. I have never popped a bead, yet. John

Answers pretty muc in line with my small kernel of generic, general wisdom about airing down. Stay above 15 pounds and you're probably OK. Go below 15 pounds and things can get dicey. YMMV, because of tire construction, driving habits, and terrain. Doesn't mean you can't lose a bead above 15 or that the meats will be jumping off below that number, just a good "yellow/caution" zone to keep in mind.

I run a mix of trails and run them at 18psi was at 22 but 18 is much better for the trails I run on. I have GY Duratracs 33"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom