Recommended Suspension Shims OME+Shackle Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just as it says. What angle of shims all around would you guys recommend for someone running the OME HD suspension WITH an additional 1.2"-2" Shackle lift?

for a 2 inch longer shackle I think the recomended degree is 4. It should say when you are looking at the shims.

I went with a 4° shims on the front. Yes, get an alignment......

I was more wondering since OME doesnt recommend ANY shims, but know that adding some longer shackles will definitely require them. Didnt know who else is running this system, and what they found to alleviate this angle...
Also dont want to have to pay for an alignment shop twice to get it set.

Mine said with who I bought the shackles for. I remember Man-a-fre doing this for the 40 sereis shackles i bought and then southwest 4x4 did the same thing when I bought the ones for the 62 i have now.

Good to know mate! Figured we could at least get a thread on there in regards to this issue. Next consideration is how high does the White Whale want to go!?

Yea...ARB doesn't recommend shims for the standard 2 - 3" lift...but when I did mine I went for 2 degree shims based on recommendation at the time (10yrs ago?) by MAF. Taller shackle? Might consider more rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom