Recommended Sales Contact or Dealership (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a salesperson or dealership they prefer?

we want to test drive a Sienna and pretty certain we’ll get one but realize we’ll probably be on a waitlist to get the color/trim we want.

Getting auto generated emails from 8 different people at the same dealership several times a week after submitting an inquiry is exhausting.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a salesperson or dealership they prefer?

we want to test drive a Sienna and pretty certain we’ll get one but realize we’ll probably be on a waitlist to get the color/trim we want.

Getting auto generated emails from 8 different people at the same dealership several times a week after submitting an inquiry is exhausting.
Have you found the trim/color you want on a lot somewhere? I'd find what you want and just go to that dealer directly. As far as I'm concerned all sales people are the same unless you know them personally.

Have you found the trim/color you want on a lot somewhere? I'd find what you want and just go to that dealer directly. As far as I'm concerned all sales people are the same unless you know them personally.

Looking for Platinum in blue or green.

I’ve reached out to many east of the Mississippi. They say they’re all presold.

@Pura Vida is an ONSC member and salesman at Mark Jacobs Toyota in Durham, NC.
I’m not opposed to buying out of state especially if it’s with a fellow mudder. Are there any disadvantages?

I’m not opposed to buying out of state especially if it’s with a fellow mudder. Are there any disadvantages?
Beats me. I've never bought a new vehicle, and only bought at a dealer once. I guess it's a matter of is it a Toyota warranty or a dealer warranty. I'd imagine it's Toyota. Yes...I'm even less educated on this matter than most other things.

Beats me. I've never bought a new vehicle, and only bought at a dealer once. I guess it's a matter of is it a Toyota warranty or a dealer warranty. I'd imagine it's Toyota. Yes...I'm even less educated on this matter than most other things.
lol I’m in the same boat

I bought my GRC from out of state but I had an in with the guy who owned the dealership. They were able to withhold VA taxes and do the title and tags. My dealership offered one of those free "lifetime power train warranty" deals and that's through a 3rd party. You get the standard 3yr/36k mile warranty through Toyota. Going to NC puts you in to the Southeast Toyota dealership region and they often have different port installed options which end up not being optional and are way overpriced.

If you purchase out of state, you will still pay VA sales tax. You will pay when you register if the dealer doesn't collect it.

Likely to see lower dealer "doc" fees outside of the DC area.

If you purchase out of state, you will still pay VA sales tax. You will pay when you register if the dealer doesn't collect it.

This is correct. Dealers should be collecting sales tax @ the rate of the state you're going to reg. in. (VA). And if for some reason they didn't, you would be paying at the DMV when you went to reg. the car and get plates.

It is also correct that SC caps at $500, pretty awesome.

I just bought a Heritage from Apex Toyota in NC. Only adding because you mentioned not being opposed to out of state. They did no doc fee's for me without much push back. They're a big cruiser contingency in the management group it sounds like, I ended up speaking with the dealer sales manager and he was a really nice guy. The biggest advantage to buying out of state in this case is just dealing with people who are competent, attentive to detail and understand what you want, because they're of similar mind imo.

Good luck in your search, I hear those green Sienna's are hard to come by!

Most of my purchases are out of state. Used or new it doesn’t matter. There’s money to be saved and it makes a memorable adventure out of it. I fly out and drive back, but theres also shipping options. You pay tax in the state you register in. You solidify the deal via email beforehand. This is a very common practice and any salesperson should be familiar with it. I usually get picked up at the airport by them. If you’re buying private party and they can’t do temp tags for you, purchase a trip permit from the DMV or I’ve just accepted the risk and I’ve driven back with the bill of sale. When I purchased from West Virginia the Toyota dealer could collect taxes and do temp tags for any state.

Also, check out this Facebook group and use your own discretion. I see the owner of the group doing many deals under MSRP, invoice, or invoice + finders fee. It depends on the model.

IMG_2855.png

My dealership has a 1500 markup on siennas, but they said because the supply is starting to catch up to the demand, they might be taking it off soon. It is possible I might be able to sell you a sienna at MSRP but I can’t guarantee it. I can try to get them to sell at MSRP if you are interested.

My dealership has a 1500 markup on siennas, but they said because the supply is starting to catch up to the demand, they might be taking it off soon. It is possible I might be able to sell you a sienna at MSRP but I can’t guarantee it. I can try to get them to sell at MSRP if you are interested.
We’re not in a rush so will keep you posted

We’re not in a rush so will keep you posted
Forgot to ask. What’s the lead time like on getting a navy or green platinum? Maybe we need to get a list now?

Forgot to ask. What’s the lead time like on getting a navy or green platinum? Maybe we need to get a list now?
AWD or FWD or does it not matter?

We have a white AWD platinum arriving here in 47 days that is available

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom