Recommended holes for wiring pass thru (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I use the big rubber grommet on drivers firewall for stereo amp power. I need to run an aftermarket Elocker harness from dash to rear axle. There's plenty of harness(I think 17') to go all the way to that firewall location and zip tie it to rear brakelines on the frame the entire run .

Thoughts?

What about inside under the carpet? run it with the harness for the break lights.

You can always run it through the frame. It is boxed with oval port holes. We ran our air lines through the passenger frame for a tank in the back to the firewall. We also added rubber grommets to the ports to protect against rubbing. Just a thought, but under the carpet might be easier.

You can always run it through the frame. It is boxed with oval port holes. We ran our air lines through the passenger frame for a tank in the back to the firewall. We also added rubber grommets to the ports to protect against rubbing. Just a thought, but under the carpet might be easier.
Really like this idea, but wouldn't it catch on the internal gussets around the link mount and tranny crossmember?

Really like this idea, but wouldn't it catch on the internal gussets around the link mount and tranny crossmember?

Not sure. We ran a 1/4 or 3/16" plastic line for air and all has been good for a year now. For wiring, I would definitely use a very well insulated wire and fuse it for the chance of grounding out.

Not sure. We ran a 1/4 or 3/16" plastic line for air and all has been good for a year now. For wiring, I would definitely use a very well insulated wire and fuse it for the chance of grounding out.
I'll tie the wiring to an old ARB blue line and fish it thru. Thanks for the cool idea

I'm too lazy to rip out the seats and carpet :D

Isn't needed, remove the clipped on sill plates, flip up the edge of the carpet and there is the wire conduit, simple. This is where the factory harness runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom