Recommended exhaust for 1999 LX 470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e21

Threads
Original muffler is rusting out and muffler shield just fell off. Figure it's time to go all in on a new exhaust system. Would love any recommendations!

Oem if you can, replaced my muffler with aftermarket not even a year ago it's already rattling

Reactions: e21
I've always wondered what the flow master aggressive mufflers would sound like.

I've always wondered what the flow master aggressive mufflers would sound like.

Just bought a 98 LX over the weekend. PO has a customer Flowmaster. Not my favorite. Noticeably louder on start up albeit not bad not he highway at all. OEM resonator and cats still on the truck. My 99 LC is quiet. OEM replacement is expensive. I may put a Borla on my LC and move my muffler over to the LX as long as the bolts cooperate. My 2 cents.

Think it all depends on how much rumble and tone you want from the exhaust. There have been guys that have been happy with the extra note that cutting the resonator off gets them.

If you are looking for something that is close to OEM quiet then you are looking at OEM or I think Walker is the other. From there it is dealers choice.

Thanks for all the recs. I ended up finding a deal on the Borla cat-back kit and went with that. Had it installed today and it's great, surprisingly quiet, similar to OEM.

Thanks for all the recs. I ended up finding a deal on the Borla cat-back kit and went with that. Had it installed today and it's great, surprisingly quiet, similar to OEM.
May I ask where did you sourced your Borla C_back kit @e21 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom