Recommended engine rebuilders in North West Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’d appreciate it if anyone has any info on engine builders around North West Florida. My 80 has 342,000 and runs great but I’d just like a fresh start on the engine.

90DECD4D-8E1A-4A28-A355-AC1CE3BEB3FB.jpeg

Precision Machine Service in Jacksonville, would do a decent job on a small block. I could not commit on what they would due with a 1FZ-FE. You need a competent builder and quality parts, nothing crazy.

I would probably start with the best engine builder in your area and start asking questions.

Precision Machine Service in Jacksonville, would do a decent job on a small block. I could not commit on what they would due with a 1FZ-FE. You need a competent builder and quality parts, nothing crazy.

I would probably start with the best engine builder in your area and start asking questions.
My local engine builder quoted me $7,500 for a basic rebuild if I pull the engine myself

My local engine builder quoted me $7,500 for a basic rebuild if I pull the engine myself

Get a low mile block and a new head (still available from Toyota). At almost 200,000 miles, the cross hatching was still visible on my cylinders. Then just swap them when you're done building the "new" one.

Get a low mile block and a new head (still available from Toyota). At almost 200,000 miles, the cross hatching was still visible on my cylinders. Then just swap them when you're done building the "new" one.
I was thinking about getting the lce performance rebuild kit and getting a local shop to just do a budget rebuild, my dealership just quoted me $3,000 for parts to resiliency the small block all oem parts of course

"Dealership" and "80 Series Land Cruiser" are not terms used together positively on here very often.

I would get as low of mileage engine as @slow95z or someone else reputable can get you. Get the new head and a rebuild kit.

I don't know what US stock is like, but you can get a brand new Toyota short block assembly for under $3000. The brand new head is $1500. Don't order from your local dealership if you want to save some $$$$ (my local dealership sells parts for OVER list price).

"Dealership" and "80 Series Land Cruiser" are not terms used together positively on here very often.

I would get as low of mileage engine as @slow95z or someone else reputable can get you. Get the new head and a rebuild kit.

I don't know what US stock is like, but you can get a brand new Toyota short block assembly for under $3000. The brand new head is $1500. Don't order from your local dealership if you want to save some $$$$ (my local dealership sells parts for OVER list price).
I’m new to all this so how would I go about ordering a new head if not from my dealership? Thanks for the help everyone

I’m new to all this so how would I go about ordering a new head if not from my dealership? Thanks for the help everyone

You could order online from another discounted Toyota dealership, like McGeorge. Lots of people on here use McGeorge. They're discounted by about 20-30% usually over MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom