Recommended Cheap & Easy Mods? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a 2017 LC coming my way this week -- it wll be my first LC and I'm excited.

Any suggestions for cheap & easy mods?

[I won't be four-wheeling a ton -- occasionally driving on the beach or perhaps out while hunting on a ranch.]

Outside of some decent tires drive it for 6 months to learn it's capabilities then add mods to fit your driving style and destinations.

Last edited:
Enjoy!

A decent set of tires (and wheels) would be number one. Sliders number two. Lift kit of your choice number three. (one and three may go together if desired). This assumes the vehicle is in overall good condition.

Of course, it all depends on what you want the rig to be/do.

A decent set of tires (and wheels) would be number one. Sliders number two. Lift kit of your choice number three. (one and three may go together if desired). This assumes the vehicle is in overall good condition.

Of course, it all depends on what you want the rig to be/do.

I saw the 200 tire/wheel database mentioned -- but couldn't actually find the link to it yet....

I got a 2017 LC coming my way this week -- it wll be my first LC and I'm excited.

Any suggestions for cheap & easy mods?

[I won't be four-wheeling a ton -- occasionally driving on the beach or perhaps out while hunting on a ranch.]

Some of the things I find the best for starting out are good solutions to air your tires down accurately and airing them back up. This doesn’t require a lot of money. The better of two Smittybilt compressors seems like a good value to start. EDIT: just be conservative on your air down pressure to start as you learn what pressures are safe for your tires and on the different terrain that can damage a sidewall vs sand and snow.

You may also appreciate some traction boards as a backup (just don’t spin your tires on them).

Enjoy it 😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom