1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended 1993 Factory Service Manuals?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by thekirk, Aug 22, 2006.

1. thekirk

thekirk

Due to an accidental leak of anti-freeze in the toolbox, I'm now having to replace my factory service manuals, all of which are pretty much shot.

I'm vaguely remembering a post saying that there's another model year's manual that has better info on the transmission, or something, but I'll be damned if I can find it with search.

What I had before the great tool-box flood of 2005 was this:

--Repair manual (1 volume, huge)
    --Electrical Wiring Diagram
    --Automatic Transmission Repair
    --New Car Features 1993

Is there anything else worth ordering from the Materials Distribution Center, while I'm at it? I'm seeing these listed for a 1993:

Repair Manual RM301 $61.39
    Owners Manual 60576 $15.95
    Electrical Wiring Diagram WD166 $20.24
    Automatic Transmission Manual A442F RM312 $6.34

Anyone who remembers what the heck that other post I now can't find was referring to, I'd appreciate your input.

2. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    I would substitute the 1994 service manual in place of the 1993 manual. The 93 manual omits diff lock, rear FFA and rear disc brake information.

3. thekirk

thekirk

That's what I was looking for, Dan. I wonder why the heck that didn't show up on a search, because I would swear it's been discussed, before.

And, since you replied... Should I go through the Materials Distribution Center, or thru you at American Toyota?

Thanks, Dan.

4. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    Go direct to the MDC, you will save a leg of freight.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">