Recommendations on a Scan gauge? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaticTorque

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m looking into getting a scan gauge for my Lx450. Wanting a better way to monitor everything on my rig, and be able to read codes on it. My brother has this one: UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool and Information Center
I really like it, but it’s quite old. Just seeing if there’s something newer/better. TIA

UltraGauge has a newer version with a few more options for displays. I really like mine. I have it mounted between the A/C vents in the middle of the dash.

I’m looking into getting a scan gauge for my Lx450. Wanting a better way to monitor everything on my rig, and be able to read codes on it. My brother has this one: UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool and Information Center
I really like it, but it’s quite old. Just seeing if there’s something newer/better. TIA
The new UltraGauge looks and functions exactly like the old one. The age of the unit should not matter, as the info from the OBD2 port is going to be the same. The new one may have more capability to monitor other items, but the port on the truck will only give you so much info.

Ive owned the scan guage for almost a yr. Needed to know my correct speed from when I re-geared and bigger tires. I also use it for engine temp, and adverage miles per gallon. Good tool. What will you use the scan guage for? If it's just to track your speed, I'd recommend the yellow box speed correction. Easy plug and play

I have been running this for 15yrs. So yes, that is old too, but works like a champ. I also think it goes with the aesthetic of the 80's interior better than the UltraGuage.

Thank you everyone for your input, I have no complaints with the old one. Was just seeing if there was a newer version or something comparable.

I run the Turbo app on my head unit. Just fire it up and monitor anything the OBDII port will give me. I have 4 pages programed.
The most simple is temp and compass 50/50 on the Double Din sized screen.
The most busy is Temp, compass, MPG inst, MPG avg, GPS altitude, %engine load, %throttle position, and timing advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom