Recommendations for Mechanical & Body Work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey ONSC Peeps,
I smacked Bruce into a tree a couple months ago and now I'm ready to get her fixed up and back on the road. @GLTHFJ60 gave me a mechanic recommendation but the guy appears to be too busy. So, does anybody have shop recommendations? Here's what I know needs to be done:

- Radiator will likely need to be replaced
- Need to check for frame damage
- The quarter panel is impacting the front door so it only opens about 8 inches
- Obviously the lights
- Fix or chop the front bumper :cry:
- Straighten out all them bent parts

Other stuff I'd like to get quotes for:

- Weld holes on the roof and sides
- Buff out those dents
- Get the leaky sunroof repaired
- Get the AC working. (It hasn't worked since the dryer canister was relocated.)

Please let me know if you've got a recommendation for an individual or a shop. I'm not in a huge rush but I'd like to get this done fairly soon. Now that the kids are bigger I need to sell the Taco and get into a 200 Series but I need Bruce up and running before I can do that . Thanks!

7CB541B5-5F20-4FD5-A7A5-58540854FD06_1_105_c.jpeg
5451A479-0271-40BA-B6CF-C5E61560E5E8_1_105_c.jpeg

The mechanics that have great reps on here are H&H in Charlotte and Toyota Techs in Fort Mill / Rock Hill I believe. On the body stuff, I will leave that to others. If you have tools and modest mechanical skills, a lot of this can be done yourself (time permitting obviously). Doubt you have frame damage from the pics. Good luck!

The mechanics that have great reps on here are H&H in Charlotte and Toyota Techs in Fort Mill / Rock Hill I believe. On the body stuff, I will leave that to others. If you have tools and modest mechanical skills, a lot of this can be done yourself (time permitting obviously). Doubt you have frame damage from the pics. Good luck!
Thanks Jeff. I'm in the Triangle and Charlotte is further than I was hoping to go. If there aren't closer options than I'll definitely start looking that way. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or inclination to do the work myself.

Apex Overland, north of Greensboro might be able to set you up. Lot of Toyota work, and land cruisers. If you call them, Jill will likely answer the phone, let her know Izzy recommended you, they are good people and do good work.

Last edited:
JR Body and Frame in Durham straightened out my Ford when I got in a wreck. You might as well pull that bumper off first, they're not going to be able to do anything with that.

Address: 304 Muldee St suite c, Durham, NC 27703

Phone: (919) 251-9342

Thanks Jeff. I'm in the Triangle and Charlotte is further than I was hoping to go. If there aren't closer options than I'll definitely start looking that way. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or inclination to do the work myself.
Sorry, missed that you were on the other end of the state!

JR Body and Frame in Durham straightened out my Ford when I got in a wreck. You might as well pull that bumper off first, they're not going to be able to do anything with that.

Address: 304 Muldee St suite c, Durham, NC 27703

Phone: (919) 251-9342
Thanks Johnny. Yeah, I'm gonna get the bumper off this weekend to get a better idea of what's going on behind it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Jerry's Collision in Stem (should not be far from you) does great bodywork and they can probably fix most of that other stuff, although, maybe not the AC.

Adam has a bunch of parts. I think it is minor hit. I believe your frame is good. I would you replace the radiator support, inner fender, fender and valance and you should be good. Good luck

Really hard to tell from the pictures but @AJR might be able to help with rad support, fender, and lower grill valance. Not sure about condition or options for inner fender and headlight panel. 80's front ends pull apart with basic tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom