recommendations for mechanic shops in San Francisco or Los Angeles area? Wheel bearing service. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

Does anyone have recommendations for shops (or ideally, mechanics) in the SF or LA areas? If it's just a guy and a garage... even better. I'd love to just watch and learn if possible.

I think I need my wheel bearings inspected and packed. Mainly worried about the C-clips on the CV axles not being installed properly, or the nuts not being tightened properly.

Thank you!

Not sure about SF but in LA i've used RPM Garage in Monrovia for a few things on my 100 that I didn't feel like doing myself.

Was coming on here to say that exact thing. RPM is the go-to. Don't mess with anyone else. They know 100's better than anyone I've seen, and their shop is badass. I could hang around their all day (of course, then it'd be hard for them to get work done!). So many great looking 100's around there.

RPM's owner, Steve, assisted me with my 100 search. Great guy.

I did mine at RPM garage because not something i was comfortable with, Steve said it took them almost all day, not sure if i should be worried about that comment or reassured lol

Used a kit from cruiser outfitters as its so nice to call them up and they know everything you need and ready to go.

Front wheel bearing kit:

Last edited:
If you're looking in the bay area... The Toy Shop ((SF), Mudrak (Sonoma), Valley Hybrids (Stockton). And Toyota of Walnut Creek is surprisingly competitive, quick, and open til midnight. Joe (Hernandez?) is the service guy I've always dealt with there.

I did mine at RPM garage because not something i was comfortable with, Steve said it took them almost all day, not sure if i should be worried about that comment or reassured lol

Used a kit from cruiser outfitters as its so nice to call them up and they know everything you need and ready to go.

Front wheel bearing kit:
OK, you got me interested, I'm assuming you had the bearings replaced - what was the labor cost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom