Recommendations for ARB product purchases (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Who is the best person/ company to buy ARB products from? If it matters, I'm in TX.

:cheers: :cheers:

SLEEOFFROAD

there is nobody better or more reliable.

Ask a local supplier. If they will order it, tell them you want it no extra charge for shipping because you are buying it from them instead of having it shipped yourself. You still have tax, but if you can save shipping charges... well you'll have to weigh the shipping from out of state and no tax, to your local tax charge/no shipping to figure out what is the best savings.

I went with Christo for a couple of reasons....HUGE supporter of the LC crowd and ordered some other parts at the same time to help combine shipping. It's great having someone with the knowledge of the guys at Slee's if you have an issue.

Both great, but if you want to avoid shipping, go local. :cool:

This really is a great site !! Being able to get valuable info from people who share a common passion is really cool...Sure we might get our "feathers" ruffled at one another occasionally but hey, that's not too rare for such a big "family" !!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I have gotten from Slee and they are great, but if you are not in Colorado, it becomes problematic. I live in Houston, and went 4WheelsParts (authorized ARB Rep) got and installed my ARB Bumper, front and rear, Warn Winch, and ARB roof top tent.

Paul

This really is a great site !! Being able to get valuable info from people who share a common passion is really cool...Sure we might get our "feathers" ruffled at one another occasionally but hey, that's not too rare for such a big "family" !!!

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

perspective:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstrchasr
South American peasant You don't happen to be a S. America greaser do you ?
I guess the question hit a little too close to home. Are you are one !!
....end of quote....

I have gotten from Slee and they are great, but if you are not in Colorado, it becomes problematic.

How you figure? I live in San Diego and have been buying stuff from Slee for years!

I dont think shipping and problematic are the same thing! :D

Problematic, more of a hassle for me, then a problem (receiving portion of the shipping that is), maybe not for others. Its one less hassle that I have to deal with. :bang:

This topic has been discussed on many of the forums across this site. Yes you will pay more to get great service. Before I go too far in my post, I will say that I have spent over $3,500 in the past 6 or so months with Slee offroad. With that being said, YES there are several places I have found that are much less expensive then Slee and YES you end up with the same ARB product that Slee sells. The difference is I know that what I order is what will show up, If I have questions they get answered and if there are any issue (I have never had any) they would get taken care of.

On that note. I have ordered other ARB products from places people on this board would and have say to NEVER buy from with little to no issues. I have found that rocky-road.com has the best prices on ARB Bumpers, snorkels, etc.. and I have had good luck with them, others have not. Problem is that they often don't have what you may need in stock. My point is, you are doing the right thing by shopping around. If you are looking for best price, by all means buy from the cheapest vendor. Sometimes price is what is most important to you and you can find good deals and end up very happy. If you want excellent service to go with the products you order go to Slee or Cruiser Outfitters. After meeting Christo at Cruise Moab 2007 I decided to send some of my money his way so he can take that $$ to develop some more cool stuff for the 100 and hoping that some day he will give me a good customer discount... :grinpimp:

Zane

With that being said, YES there are several places I have found that are much less expensive then Slee and YES you end up with the same ARB product that Slee sells. The difference is I know that what I order is what will show up, If I have questions they get answered and if there are any issue (I have never had any) they would get taken care of.

Hit the nail on the head!

perspective:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstrchasr
South American peasant You don't happen to be a S. America greaser do you ?
I guess the question hit a little too close to home. Are you are one !!
....end of quote....

What's your point and what does that have to do with this thread ???

Get over it !! :flipoff2:

While price always seems to be a factor in decisions like these there are other factors just as important. I like to support my local independant businesses over the big box stores. In this instance local guys can't help . So, I then like to seek the expertise from out of town independants like Slee, etc. While they usually can't beat the "big box" prices, their customer service, and product knowledge typically outweighs any cost savings. At least to me it does ! So, THANKS to everyone weighing in on this topic. It's nice to have some options when shopping for "toys" for the LC. Now if I could just make my mind up whether to keep the '01 or get the '04/ '06 !!

:cheers:

I got my sahara bar from MAF, but that was mainly because I was buying the kaymar bumper (they are the exclusive importer for N.A.), so I got a price break by having both shipped via truck freight on the same pallet. They are also closer to AZ. Prices are about the same for the ARB wherever you go minus the shipping. But since you're in TX, CA is way too far. They've gotta ship 'em in through Galveston for TX.

For 100 series parts, excellent service and NO Nonsense, Slee is the place to get your gear. You can even pick it up from him in Moab.

Cruiseroutfitters is also a great source.

I would not buy a gum ball from the machine in front of 4Wheelparts. They are a tire shop who profess to be an offroad shop. They suck totally, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom