Recommendations for a 100 series Cruiser restorer/build? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MichLC

SILVER Star
Threads
I was looking at 200’s and just not feeling it. I like the rear windows that open on the 100 and I’ve had it long enough that it just fits right. I don’t like the AC incorporated into the Stereo, etc. I would like the 5.7 but not the rest of the package. Not knocking the 200.... it’s sweet. I’m just not wanting it yet.

The challenge is that at 19 years old and 270k miles, my 100 needs some work and I don’t have the time (and I want it done correctly).
The extent of what I’d like done is variable; e.g. Overland Build or replace what needs replacing) but I’d like someone to ideally walk through it, replace suspension bushings, add lockers, get rid of the driveline noise, etc.

Before I take it to Colorado, California, Atlanta or the Carolina’s I wanted to see if anyone here knew of a recommendation for local repair.
If not a local place, anyone recommended for working on a 100?

thanks,
M

Crickets... I guess thats your answer. I cant say ive had a lot of luck. Lets start our own!

@dogfishlake and I have discussed the need for this business on occasion...would be a fun venture!

@dogfishlake and I have discussed the need for this business on occasion...would be a fun venture!

I think a shop could stay in the black doing quality 4.7 2uz timing belt jobs alone.

That and baselining older trucks. 1fz-fe 's, 3fe's, 2f's and such.

Anyone a licensed mechanic?
Know of someone?

I used to be. Got bored and took the tests. Only been expired for 25 years!

Something like this would be cool.
Land Cruiser Series 100 ~ V8 ~ 1998 ~ 2002
Doesnt seem like these guys do restorations anymore, but i was considering saving my benjamins for a 200 in 3-5 years. Now the thought crosses my mind, what if i spent that money on restoring the 100 and making some "minor" improvements in the process?
How about an lsa swap Pat? 556hp 551 ft/lbs. probably better mpgs, not that mpgs really matter. LSA Crate Engine - Race Engine | Chevrolet Performance

Sorry M, probably not helpful.

I never needed to get my ASE Master Tech certs, could have done it, but it was never on my priority list. I can do some stuff in my garage and happy to help folks, it's just tough not having a lift, fluid disposal, press, and other specialized tools that the shop had. Feel free to hit me up though! One of these days I would love to have a pole barn with a lift!

I remember seeing a listing in the 60 section about mechanics in different areas and I think there is a place in Traverse City that is good. I will look for a link. Perhaps @TCEd or @ElviMcCoy know of it?

I remember seeing a listing in the 60 section about mechanics in different areas and I think there is a place in Traverse City that is good. I will look for a link. Perhaps @TCEd or @ElviMcCoy know of it?

Garfield Auto service Center in Traverse City has worked on FJ-40's, actually restored two of them. I would go there with my FJ40. Call them and discuss your work needed. 231-929-3862 ed

Dave's Garage is still a very reputable shop but Dave the owner and FJ40 guru sold the business. Not sure they have anyone on staff with old Toyota knowledge but a call wouldn't hurt. ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom